Turn on thread page Beta

Does mass amounts of revision work for everyone? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've found it common among my grades recently that the less revision I do the better the grades I get. For example I went from a D at Alevel computing to a B in the space of 12 months. The one I got the D in I did massive amounts off revision weeks in advance. The B I did days of relaxed revision before it. These were both mocks but I still believe it's a interesting coincidence. Anyone else feel this way?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by JackG9)
    I've found it common among my grades recently that the less revision I do the better the grades I get. For example I went from a D at Alevel computing to a B in the space of 12 months. The one I got the D in I did massive amounts off revision weeks in advance. The B I did days of relaxed revision before it. These were both mocks but I still believe it's a interesting coincidence. Anyone else feel this way?
    Personally, I think the amount of revision is obsolete if the quality of it is crap... When I'm overly tired, and not really concentrating, I could revise all day, and not really take anything in, but if I'm refreshed and feeling good, I'll learn and remember a lot more after just 1 or 2 hours revising... I think that can extend to longer periods of time as well in the same context... I also think looking at which subjects it were should be taken into account, if the one you did less revision in, but enjoy more and have more of a natural aptitude for, then I think you're naturally going to need to do less revision...

For example, I do a lot less revision for Applied Economics than my Economics module because I find the Applied Eco is much more structured in that once I know I can do the techniques, I don't need to revise it so much, whereas I find with my Economics module there's always more that I can be doing and trying to improve my essay writing skills etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackG9)
    The massive amounts is a common mistake if your relaxed you absorb more simple as that if your stressed you can't concentrate as well.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.