Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IntegralNeo)
    I understand that this bath guy sounds a bit arrogant but u certainly dont have the right to **** of his achievements....u cant call his website stupid...any effort should be appreciated...he won a prize for it: big or small its an achievement for him and means something for him to be proud of...even if he has done little things which he is proud of there is nothing wrong about that...however when he says he is 'outstanding' than Imperial students without knowing any of imperial students achievements he is to be called stupid...

calling Imperial "rubbish" is completely insane...he just seems jealous and insecure of his own course at Bath and merely wants to convince himself that he has the knack in computing over everyone...

if he wants to be the best in computing in the world then thats fine he is highly ambitious may be over optimistic but there is nothing wrong with that...Bill Gates said 1991(not sure about the year but it was something like that) that within 10 years nearly every home will be running Windows and everyone thought of it as "funny" but here we are now relying on his windows to live our daily life...

if he thinks he is "better than everyone else" then he has some psychiatric problems...
    Remember: you're hearing one side of the story from a person with broken English.

The point of this thread seems very childish and insecure, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Remember: you're hearing one side of the story from a person with broken English.
    My english is broken?!

Indeed it does seem like this, as i said

ReputationRep:
    My english is broken?!
    Nope. The thread starter, I meant.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. The thread starter, I meant.
    oh i see btw r u from Bath comp sci department?

ReputationRep:

1. yes, i agree with that my English is poor. i am an overseas student.

2. well, yes, you are right, this thread seems very childish, just like what the Bath guy said to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jiefei_ma)
    1. yes, i agree with that my English is poor. i am an overseas student.

2. well, yes, you are right, this thread seems very childish, just like what the Bath guy said to me.
    where r u from?

did u read my post?

ReputationRep:
    If you weren't affected by his 'childish' words, then why are you starting this thread?

Two children do not make an adult.

ReputationRep:
    oh i see btw r u from Bath comp sci department?
    Nope, Maths.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, Maths.
    cool, im a mathmo too havent started uni yet waiting alevel results

ReputationRep:
    cool, im a mathmo too havent started uni yet waiting alevel results
    good luck then.

ReputationRep:
    good luck then.
    where u from then? u didnt tell... :rolleyes:

and btw (hopefully) i will be startin maths and computing at imperial in october

ReputationRep:
    where u from then? u didnt tell... :rolleyes:

and btw (hopefully) i will be startin maths and computing at imperial in october

good. hopefully i will see you in Octorber as well. what were your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    good. hopefully i will see you in Octorber as well. what were your predicted grades?
    AAAAA
    in maths, f maths, physics, business st, ICT

ReputationRep:
    AAAAA
    in maths, f maths, physics, business st, ICT
    thats good.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 15, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.