Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am going to studies my MS in Entrepreneurship at University of Southampton this September. And now I choosing accommodation in Southampton among 3 choices. The Vita student is my most favorite one but it takes 37 mins by bus from the hall to Highfield campus(not sure that it is accurate). Which it far too long compares to 20 mins from 2 others choice. Please help me choose among those 3 accommodations:
    What I need/ lifestyle:
    - Private kitchen and great cooking tools (I like to cook)
    - 4-6' feet bed
    - No nightlife needed
    - Spent a lot of time in room (reading, working, and cooking)

My research so far:
    1. Vita Student
    + Free breakfast on weekday
    + Weekly Cleaning
    + Nice design but some room kitchen too close to bed
    - Transportation time

2. Unilife
    + Nice design
    + Free Netflix
    + Fair transportation time
    - No weekly Cleaning

3. Brunswick
    + Practical design
    - No TV services/ Cleaning
    - I don't like the design (too tight and dark)

Thanks in advance
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torsinsit)
    I am going to studies my MS in Entrepreneurship at University of Southampton this September. And now I choosing accommodation in Southampton among 3 choices. The Vita student is my most favorite one but it takes 37 mins by bus from the hall to Highfield campus(not sure that it is accurate). Which it far too long compares to 20 mins from 2 others choice. Please help me choose among those 3 accommodations:
    What I need/ lifestyle:
    - Private kitchen and great cooking tools (I like to cook)
    - 4-6' feet bed
    - No nightlife needed
    - Spent a lot of time in room (reading, working, and cooking)

My research so far:
    1. Vita Student
    + Free breakfast on weekday
    + Weekly Cleaning
    + Nice design but some room kitchen too close to bed
    - Transportation time

2. Unilife
    + Nice design
    + Free Netflix
    - No weekly Cleaning

3. Brunswick
    + Practical design
    - No TV services/ Cleaning
    - I don't like the design (too tight and dark)

Thanks in advance
    Hi,

I have just seen your post and was hoping we may be able to help out a little bit... If you are looking for stylish new accommodation in Southampton close to the University (just a 15 minute walk) then take a little look at Hampton Square (It too is private accommodation).

Our marketing suite is now open and you would be more then welcome to come and take a look around to see if Hampton Square ticks any boxes for you in your search.

+ Private kitchen or shared kitchen available (and we will have a big communal kitchen for you to cook for friends in the main communal area)
    - Our beds are small doubles (so 4ft)
    + Gym and cinema room on site so great if you need a little break from studying for an hour or so
    + great space in the room to study as well as lots of communal study rooms so you can study in company if needed or with a change of scenery from your bedroom
    + Brand New (you will be the first to move into the room in September

Feel free to have a look at our website and if you feel it ticks the boxes for your requirements give us a call and we can arrange for you to pop down and have a little look.

Good luck in your search I know how time consuming it can be and stressful to make sure you pick the right one,
    If I can help in any other way feel free to contact me as I to was a student in Southampton previously.

http://freshstudentliving.co.uk/property/hampton-square

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I am currently considering the same places as you: Vita or Brunswick. I am just wondering if you have found out anything more since you started the thread? I have found the same +/- as you.

The breakfast at Vita is a huge plus, but brunswick is closer to uni....

I am also wondering about the areas. Brunswick is in Polygon, and Vita seems to be somewhere between Chapel and Ocean Village. I have never been to Southampton before so I have no idea what is best. Does anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maddiemaddie)
    Hi!

I am currently considering the same places as you: Vita or Brunswick. I am just wondering if you have found out anything more since you started the thread? I have found the same +/- as you.

The breakfast at Vita is a huge plus, but brunswick is closer to uni....

I am also wondering about the areas. Brunswick is in Polygon, and Vita seems to be somewhere between Chapel and Ocean Village. I have never been to Southampton before so I have no idea what is best. Does anyone know?

I ended up with the brand new hall that going to open in Sep 2017 name "Vincent Place". Because I love the space management of their penthouse studio.

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I'm staying at Vita student this September, i've been to have a look around and its amazing! everyone is so friendly and helpful, I can't wait to move in! They offer free breakfast as you said, they have a cinema room, dining room for parties, study rooms, gym and the rooms are beautiful!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi! If Unilife is one of your choices you should definitely check out our website, and talk freely to one of our online team members if you have any questions!

Unilife work with all inclusive pricing, so no bills to pay! All rooms are set out to give you maximum space, including a Smart TV (with netflix as you pointed out!), a good sized kitchen with all appliances and a beautiful en-suite bathroom. We also have a gym and a great communal area on site to allow you to relax when needed.

Don't hesitate to head to our website and chat to our team: https://www.unilife.co.uk or e-mail [email protected]

Good luck with your search!

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely go with whichever has the best reviews as this is going to be better than a joining sweetener

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.