Turn on thread page Beta

Question about UK University intake? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My AS examination will be in November 2017. And when I get the results in January 2018 that’s when you apply for university and if the results are good the university may offer a conditional offer. Then I will do my A2 examinations in 2018 November so I’ll get the grades in January 2019. And if the grades meet the conditional offer, I’ll get accepted so I will be in University by January 2019? (Depending if the University accepts January intake). However I was told no matter how good the grades were, the processing will take a lot of time so I may enter University in September 2019 or even later.

Note : I am an international student and I really want to enter by January 2019!

Sorry if this is a weird question but I don’t have any teachers to ask because all of them say I should study locally.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if uk universitities have January intake. I'm currently doing my last year of A Levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zattyzatzat)
    My AS examination will be in November 2017. And when I get the results in January 2018 that’s when you apply for university and if the results are good the university may offer a conditional offer. Then I will do my A2 examinations in 2018 November so I’ll get the grades in January 2019. And if the grades meet the conditional offer, I’ll get accepted so I will be in University by January 2019? (Depending if the University accepts January intake). However I was told no matter how good the grades were, the processing will take a lot of time so I may enter University in September 2019 or even later.

Note : I am an international student and I really want to enter by January 2019!

Sorry if this is a weird question but I don’t have any teachers to ask because all of them say I should study locally.
    except for nursing, only a few of the lowest ranked UK universities offer a January start date- 99% of degree courses in the UK start in September or October, its always been the start of the academic year in the UK.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.