Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's your favourite restaurant? Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    There are so many options for going out for meals nowadays, but what's your personal favourite? Do you prefer brands, or stand-alone options? :yum:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Generally I prefer stand alone if I'm wanting to go out for a nice meal with family (when I'm not paying!) as a bit of an occasion rather than just having lunch out in town...

If I'm going out with friends or something like that, then yeh, gotta say Nando's is definitely my favourite everyday style go to restaurant! Close behind would be GBK, Pizza Express and Five Guys (ok so not really a restaurant...!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Generally I prefer stand alone if I'm wanting to go out for a nice meal with family (when I'm not paying!) as a bit of an occasion rather than just having lunch out in town...

If I'm going out with friends or something like that, then yeh, gotta say Nando's is definitely my favourite everyday style go to restaurant! Close behind would be GBK, Pizza Express and Five Guys (ok so not really a restaurant...!)
    Five Guys is so good! My favourite hotdogs and milkshakes.

There's a steakhouse about a 30 minute jog from my house. The prices are reasonable, too. Blue rare steak with a stilton lettuce wedge is my motivation to go running.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Ask Italian
    Local Chinese place :love:
    I wanna try this new Indian - my friend says it is nice :yep:
    so hungry rn
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Anything that has Italian food really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)
    There are so many options for going out for meals nowadays, but what's your personal favourite? Do you prefer brands, or stand-alone options? :yum:
    The appleby inn

ReputationRep:
    FRANKIE & BENNYS :love::love::love::love::love:
    Their calzones taste so good
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Chinese ones were always my favorite restaurants. Asian cuisine is my favorite place in general.

(Original post by claireestelle)
    Anything that has Italian food really
    Agree, it is very tasty, no matter what it is. It is just Italian restaurants are so expensive. That is why I am eating out so rarely.

ReputationRep:
    Pizza Hut :coma: Buffet deal = winning.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Chinese ones were always my favorite restaurants. Asian cuisine is my favorite place in general.

Agree, it is very tasty, no matter what it is. It is just Italian restaurants are so expensive. That is why I am eating out so rarely.
    I include pizza places in that so not so expensive
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I tend to mostly go to chain places (majority of them Italian, and GBK), but I do like going to independent places (and pubs for roasts). I think it makes sense to try new places around when you get the chance to make the most of it, as the chain places are so similar wherever you are
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Of the common chains probably Miller & Carter or KFC.

Any of the main pizza places will do.

ReputationRep:
    "Amigos Burgers & Shakes" In Shepherds Bush, London. I think there's one more of the place in Acton, so its's one of those independent eateries, but honestly hands down the best burgers and fries I've ever tasted. It's like finding a hidden gem, and I don't regret the 1.5 hour trip it took for me to get there (since I live outside London)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I include pizza places in that so not so expensive
    Your point. Places like a pizzeria are not so expensive as a rule. But I was talking about restaurants where pasta, steaks, escalopes, fish and a lot of more are offered. They are almost expensive.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Your point. Places like a pizzeria are not so expensive as a rule. But I was talking about restaurants where pasta, steaks, escalopes, fish and a lot of more are offered. They are almost expensive.
    that some italian food can be on the cheaper side, but i see your point we only got out to dinner every2/3 months or so at the moment.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    that some italian food can be on the cheaper side, but i see your point we only got out to dinner every2/3 months or so at the moment.
    I am going into an italian restaurant twice or thrice a year anyway. That is really the absolute limit of my own.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.