Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

PGCE funding support after completing MEng Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm applying to start a PGCE in September 2017 in Physics with Maths. I've previously completed my MEng in July 2013 and have student loans from the 4 year course. I'm not sure from the information available if there is any chance of getting a tuition fee loan from SFE to help with the cost of the course or not. Could you please provide some clarity to the issue?

Cheers,

Geoff
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geoff_Howell)
    Hi,

I'm applying to start a PGCE in September 2017 in Physics with Maths. I've previously completed my MEng in July 2013 and have student loans from the 4 year course. I'm not sure from the information available if there is any chance of getting a tuition fee loan from SFE to help with the cost of the course or not. Could you please provide some clarity to the issue?

Cheers,

Geoff
    Previous study has no impact on eligibility for PGCE support - you could have an MEng an MSc and a PhD and still get a tuition and maintenance loan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Previous study has no impact on eligibility for PGCE support - you could have an MEng an MSc and a PhD and still get a tuition and maintenance loan.
    Thanks PQ, once UCAS is submitted I'll start investigating the application for loans as well.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Geoff_Howell

To apply for funding please use your online account or send a paper application form once the 2017/2018 applications are live which is expected to be Feb/March: http://bit.ly/1gUe31b

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.