Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I currently live with my mum, and im planning to stay there during my studies. When looking at the calculator it states the income as a house hold. As my mum doesn't earn much, we have a lodger, he gives my mum money towards the mortgage etc but has never funded anything for me, or aided me financially.

I am wondering whether i will need to include this on my income for my application?

thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi gracehebden

The household income used would be your mums alone unless the lodger is a partner. We may ask your mum to provide evidence of her marital status, we will also ask her to declare the household income which is taxable income that you declare to HMRC.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Would her divorce papers be okay? And a letter from her employer as she doesnt recieve pay slips due to the money not going into her account
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi gracehebden

Yes, if she declares she is divorced, a copy of the divorce paper is perfect. We don't initially ask for evidence of income we will just ask her to tell us what her taxable income was in the year 2015/2016. As long as the amount she declares matches what HMRC hold we won't ask for evidence of this.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.