Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to talk to an attractive person on the bus? Watch

Hi all,

This might seem like a bit of a daft question but just would like some input, cause it's a bit of a bizarre situation.

I regularly take the bus to university and over the past month or so I have seen a very attractive guy take the same bus. He's also sat right beside me three times, as the bus does tend to get quite full and by the time he gets on there are (usually) no empty double seats available.

I'd love to strike up a conversation with him but I know it is not really socially ''acceptable''? to randomly converse with a stranger. Plus y'know, I'm a girl and all that.

It sounds silly but he really does intrigue me. Usually if he doesn't sit beside me, he sits either in front or right behind me.

I've never been in this situation so I don't have a clue where to go from him. All crushes I've had never have worked out or gone anywhere, haha, and I'm 24.

ReputationRep:
    ask him if you can use his phone... that should get the conversation flowing.

ReputationRep:
    I thought in Britain we sit on the bus grim faced and look startled if anyone even attempts to talk to us!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Just start a conversation, the most obvious one is saying you couldn't help notice he goes to the same university.

ReputationRep:
    "packed in errrre init m8?"

ReputationRep:
    Mention the weather and go from there! Also, presuming he's at the same uni, maybe there's something there to talk about. Has there been a bit uni event or similar recently?

(Just a quick note)
    Spoiler:
    Show

I'm sure you will be but please PLEASE judge the situation right and if he seems uncomfortable, stop the conversation. Over the last week or so, there was a creepy guy talking to me on the bus who thought I was interested enough (despite telling him that I really, really WASN'T!) to turn up at my work the next week. So just be mindful of the other person's body language etc. Sorry if this causes offence, it's just something I'm very aware of right now!)
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    "Can you tell me which bus goes to your house?"

ReputationRep:
    You dont! Thats how
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Leave them alone. They probably don't want to talk to you.

ReputationRep:
    Sod that just approach him darling I know that it may be daunting, but you have nothing to lose.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Ask him if he has a banana in his pants or is he just pleased to see you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi all,

This might seem like a bit of a daft question but just would like some input, cause it's a bit of a bizarre situation.

I regularly take the bus to university and over the past month or so I have seen a very attractive guy take the same bus. He's also sat right beside me three times, as the bus does tend to get quite full and by the time he gets on there are (usually) no empty double seats available.

I'd love to strike up a conversation with him but I know it is not really socially ''acceptable''? to randomly converse with a stranger. Plus y'know, I'm a girl and all that.

It sounds silly but he really does intrigue me. Usually if he doesn't sit beside me, he sits either in front or right behind me.

I've never been in this situation so I don't have a clue where to go from him. All crushes I've had never have worked out or gone anywhere, haha, and I'm 24.
    UK people are so stuck up and antisocial glued to their phones, they will think your a weirdo... idfk why... such as below, probably.

(Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Leave them alone. They probably don't want to talk to you.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    UK people are so stuck up and antisocial glued to their phones, they will think your a weirdo... idfk why... such as below, probably.
    Cheers for the quote.

ReputationRep:
    First, make sure you are next to the person you find attractive. Then, start opening and closing your mouth, making use of your larynx, throat, nose, mouth, and sinuses to make noise, and this power of voice comes from the air you exhale. But you are not just making any noise. You need language to communicate. In English, there are many words that convey different meanings and serve different purposes. Use a combination of these words to form a sentence, ensuring that there are no errors in grammar or syntax, so that the message you wish to convey is clear. In order to use your voice to communicate with language, you need to produce different sounds with an open vocal tract (vowels), in conjunction with speech sounds that are articulated with complete or partial closure of the vocal tract (consonants), which can be produced with your lips, tongue, throat, forcing air through a narrow channel using your teeth, or having air flow through your nose. Producing a combination of vowel and consonant sounds correctly can form words, and as I have previously said, you can use a combination of these words to talk in sentences.

With this knowledge, you can talk to an attractive person on the bus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Cheers for the quote.

ReputationRep:
    Attractive people on a bus?

(Original post by Nerry)
    Attractive people on a bus?
    :lol::lol::lol:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.