:spank:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    NO CONFERRING !!!
    I do not need to confer :smug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    How do you find out that information on your profile, l'ours - I can't find anywhere a bar with 'Reputation Points' on it?
    i think this information is not publicly available... try Wikileaks :yep:

ReputationRep:
    i think this information is not publicly available... try Wikileaks :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    Is it just me or is there a very slight change in the design of the TSR homepage? I refer to the icons to be clicked on in 'Latest Discussions', which now are an arrow in a circle but it I think were yesterday a solid blue square.
    They are different.

Are you getting that strange grey shading dropping down over your screen whenever you click on a page or thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    They are different.

Are you getting that strange grey shading dropping down over your screen whenever you click on a page or thread?
    I know what you mean. It fills out as a banner ad for 'Fresh Student Living' and then goes to the top of the page.

What does the beaɾ make of it all?

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean. It fills out as a banner ad for 'Fresh Student Living' and then goes to the top of the page.

What does the beaɾ make of it all?
    it is progress. we must not stand in the way of progress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    They are different.

how many shades of grey are you getting ?

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Did you see the workaround someone came up with to remove that bloody grey advertising banner thing? It genuinely works (if you've got AdBlocker installed, anyway)

ReputationRep:
    Did you see the workaround someone came up with to remove that bloody grey advertising banner thing? It genuinely works (if you've got AdBlocker installed, anyway)
    Do tell...

ReputationRep:
    Try this Simple Weird Trick... Webmasters Hate it !!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I'll look into it. My freemail account is presently encouraging me to do a PGCE at Canterbury Christ Church University, which I don't want to and suppose is related to my browsing TSR. Installing Adblocker would seem easier than actually doing secondary English or RE.

ReputationRep:
    cambio wechseln
    Fullofsurprises

Found a temp solution to this till tsr sorts it out: You can use the fair adblocker by stands, or you can use Adblock. Once the page loads and you scroll down and see the grey box, wait/scroll till it disappears. Once it disappears scroll back to the top and click on the adblock extension icon. Choose the ''block an ad on this page'' option, there is a grey box just under the blue bar with the home, forums, gcse...etc links (highlighted in blue in the below image) mouse over it to highlight it, the click and the grey box should disappear. Once it disappears click block, then looks good and that should be the end of the annoying grey box

This advice worked perfectly for me - no more grey box and no more hair-tearing.

ReputationRep:
    What is your opinion on original flavour light and fluffy bunny shaped snacks?

Also, can you cut some shapes for us?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I'll look into it. My freemail account is presently encouraging me to do a PGCE at Canterbury Christ Church University, which I don't want to and suppose is related to my browsing TSR. Installing Adblocker would seem easier than actually doing secondary English or RE.
    you would be a wonderful teacher Cambio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    What is your opinion on original flavour light and fluffy bunny shaped snacks?

Also, can you cut some shapes for us?
    so, Watership Down snacks ? you've read the book, seen the animated film, now eat the cast

ReputationRep:
    you would be a wonderful teacher Cambio
    I wonder how many people have had the chastening experience of discovering their metier and realising at once that is of limited application, comparatively low status, and pretty well entirely non-monetisable*. I had the realisation when teaching, more accurately classroom-managing, a large group compulosry 1st year undergraduate seminar called Intorductory Critical Thinking.

*The Quality Assurance person said I should go into stand-up comedy, which seems an observation that a person might take well or badly.

ReputationRep:
    so, Watership Down snacks ? you've read the book, seen the animated film, now eat the cast
    I've never seen it tbh, I know it's really sad so I don't wannt to watch

But yeah Tesco sell Watership down snacks.....

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how many people have had the chastening experience of discovering their metier and realising at once that is of limited application, comparatively low status, and pretty well entirely non-monetisable*. I had the realisation when teaching, more accurately classroom-managing, a large group compulosry 1st year undergraduate seminar called Intorductory Critical Thinking.

*The Quality Assurance person said I should go into stand-up comedy, which seems an observation that a person might take well or badly.
    métier

see me after class

ReputationRep:
    Double post.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.