Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I entitled to any further help? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi SFE,
    My situation is a bit complex.

I went to university to study Fashion Design in 2012 at Bedfordshire. I only completed the first year and left they did not meet my requirements to support me and my disability. I then went to UCA and had to repeat the first year and bedfordshire did not send my grades and time was short to apply. SFE agreed to pay for my repeat and support me so that i could complete the degree by giving me a gift year for the last year of study and I went on to start the second year there. UCA did not meet my support needs either and i dropped out before ending the second year due to depression and feeling no one will support me. I have completed my counselling and determind to finish my degree. The problem is now SFE have paid for 3 years of study and i do not know if the Gift year still stands as i dropped out over 2 years ago.
    Would I be entitled to any support at all and if not is there any other trustful loan companies I can go to? I would need to repeat my 2nd year before going onto my final year.

Thank you in advance,
    Rianna Davis
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ririannie)
    Hi SFE,
    My situation is a bit complex.

I went to university to study Fashion Design in 2012 at Bedfordshire. I only completed the first year and left they did not meet my requirements to support me and my disability. I then went to UCA and had to repeat the first year and bedfordshire did not send my grades and time was short to apply. SFE agreed to pay for my repeat and support me so that i could complete the degree by giving me a gift year for the last year of study and I went on to start the second year there. UCA did not meet my support needs either and i dropped out before ending the second year due to depression and feeling no one will support me. I have completed my counselling and determind to finish my degree. The problem is now SFE have paid for 3 years of study and i do not know if the Gift year still stands as i dropped out over 2 years ago.
    Would I be entitled to any support at all and if not is there any other trustful loan companies I can go to? I would need to repeat my 2nd year before going onto my final year.

Thank you in advance,
    Rianna Davis
    If you have evidence that your previous study was stopped due to disability/illness then you should be able to get your previous study ignored due to Compelling Personal Reasons.

If you're going to start in yr 2 of a 3 year degree then you'd need one of your previous years to be granted CPR in order to have both your 2nd and 3rd year to be funded. It sounds like this may have already happened so it would be worth contacting SFE over the phone to ask them to look at your records.

The standard formula (ignoring CPR years) is:

Length of course (3 years) + 1 automatic extra year - 3 previous years = 1 year of funding left.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.