Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody else sweating like mad and can't even attempt to sleep? I have drank loads of drink, my window is wide open but there is no air at all.

22c at this time of night is Northern Spain temperatures (at night), only we don't have aircon or sun shutters here :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Is anybody else sweating like mad and can't even attempt to sleep? I have drank loads of drink, my window is wide open but there is no air at all.

22c at this time of night is Northern Spain temperatures (at night), only we don't have aircon or sun shutters here :mad:
    definitely feels like 30 tho... ne1 got any ideas on how to get to sleep more easily?

ReputationRep:
    This is mad hotness, I cannot sleep!

ReputationRep:
    My room is so hot it feels like the central heating is on full blast, it's not a nice hot, more of an evil humid hot

ReputationRep:
    I bet you complain when it's cold and wet, don't you? DON'T YOU?! Well I don't, so yeah, it's bloody hot. I hate hot weather :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    This is mad hotness, I cannot sleep!
    Apparantly I have literly bought it with me from Spain, my local shopping centre was covered in sand the other day, it turned out it has blown in from Spain as well as this current heatwave.

Tomorrow night should be much cooler, in fact the tomorrow should be cooler than it is tonight :eek:

ReputationRep:
    not even tried sleepin yet!! its soo hot!!!
    and my fan broke yesterday
    puddle of sweat anybody?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    I bet you complain when it's cold and wet, don't you? DON'T YOU?! Well I don't, so yeah, it's bloody hot. I hate hot weather :mad:
    I prefer it hot to being cold. Calm down mr angry man, it's only the weather!

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow night should be much cooler, in fact the tomorrow should be cooler than it is tonight :eek:
    I hope so! It's actually rained in the last 4 hours and it's still hot and humid as anything! My window is open, but it has little effect really - sticking my hand outside reveals that the air is probably just as hot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

But when it's cold you can just turn the central heating on and laugh at the people outside

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

Me too, as much as its uncomfertable its nice discomfort rather than somthing else which I won't mention in an effort t keep this thread clean

I do like the warm weather and its about time he got some as this summer has been a bit of a dull one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    I hope so! It's actually rained in the last 4 hours and it's still hot and humid as anything! My window is open, but it has little effect really - sticking my hand outside reveals that the air is probably just as hot!
    I've just done the same thing, my window is a fire escape one (apparantly required by law now if you have double glazing upstairs) its wide open it it makes little difference. It seems odd that in only 4 months time we could be having snow ball fights.

ReputationRep:
    thats like 70F? Come on, thats average here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

I much prefer cold to hot wen tryin to sleep

ReputationRep:
    SOOOOOOOOOOOO HOT! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjames40)
    same here, but doesnt really make the situation better :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    thats like 70F? Come on, thats average here!
    Its probably a different kind of heat, its always very instense in the UK because its so built up. When I was in spain it reached 37c, it felt more like 30c, its been about 28c here and thats a lot more uncomfortable than 32c in Spain.

Also I am guessing you have air conitioning in the houses over there.

ReputationRep:
    Its probably a different kind of heat, its always very instense in the UK because its so built up. When I was in spain it reached 37c, it felt more like 30c, its been about 28c here and thats a lot more uncomfortable than 32c in Spain.

Also I am guessing you have air conitioning in the houses over there.
    Yeah we do, but we dont even have them on at 70!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjames40)
    Sleep is for wimps!

I can never sleep anyhows

ReputationRep:
    I've just done the same thing, my window is a fire escape one (apparantly required by law now if you have double glazing upstairs) its wide open it it makes little difference. It seems odd that in only 4 months time we could be having snow ball fights.
    lol, it's a bit weird. If only I had a nice little wall touchpad for the aircon: 10 degrees methinks...

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.