The Student Room Group

Mature applicants 2017 - Is it different?

Hi,

I have a level 3 business qualification and four years experience in Marketing. I've applied for international business/marketing courses at Chester University, Lancaster University, Huddersfield University, Sheffield Hallam and Manchester Met.

I still haven't heard back from any of them! I only applied on 13th January but I was wondering if I would have to wait longer? Also, is it likely they invite me for an interview instead of sending an offer??

Help! I'm losing patience and I'm so eager to hear back, I check track five times a day.

And do you get a letter/email before it goes on to track??

Laura
Original post by Helpmeouthere
Hi,

I have a level 3 business qualification and four years experience in Marketing. I've applied for international business/marketing courses at Chester University, Lancaster University, Huddersfield University, Sheffield Hallam and Manchester Met.

I still haven't heard back from any of them! I only applied on 13th January but I was wondering if I would have to wait longer? Also, is it likely they invite me for an interview instead of sending an offer??

Help! I'm losing patience and I'm so eager to hear back, I check track five times a day.

Laura

It's been 5 working days...
Original post by Reality Check
It's been 5 working days...

I know that, I just don't understand the process to be honest. I've had nobody to talk me through anything from the start, having applied on my own, so I really don't know what to expect. Especially since there are so little resources for mature students, I have irregular qualifications that are not tariff listed and I've never met another mature student!

Plus it's my future, so with it being on my mind constantly it does feel a little longer :/
I know that, I just don't understand the process to be honest. I've had nobody to talk me through anything from the start, having applied on my own, so I really don't know what to expect. Especially since there are so little resources for mature students, I have irregular qualifications that are not tariff listed and I've never met another mature student!

Plus it's my future, so with it being on my mind constantly it does feel a little longer :/

Hello,

Try not to worry, our Admissions Team are just very busy at the moment due to the volume of applications. They are trying to process them as quickly as possible, but the University has until May to make a decision on your application. so don't panic if you don't hear straight away.

If you would like to check the progress of your application, feel free to get in touch with our admissions team, email: [email protected]

You might find the application section on our website useful:
https://www1.chester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/how-apply

Good luck! :smile:

Let us know if you have any other questions :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi,

Laura

Hey @Helpmeoutthere

We've put together a thread of FAQs for applicants just like you, head over here to take a look: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4500936

Hopefully this should make the process a little clearer but if you have any more questions please do ask us :smile:

We hope this helps!

Sarah - UoH
Hi,

Laura

Hi Laura

You will be fine, UCAS will send you a direct email saying there has been a notice or activity on your profile etc. I'm sure you will hear back soon. Good luck 😉

Quick Reply

Latest