Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Recently a pupil at my school, aged 12 got into a fight with her peer (also aged 12)
    The pupil she hit is in hospital and reportedly (through gossip) has a fractured skull and is deaf in one ear. She is not currently in school and we think she is permenantly excluded. Would this be the suitable punishment? Would she go to jail (can she?) or to young offenders?

Please respond I need the answers QUICK!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LisaNikita)
    Recently a pupil at my school, aged 12 got into a fight with her peer (also aged 12)
    The pupil she hit is in hospital and reportedly (through gossip) has a fractured skull and is deaf in one ear. She is not currently in school and we think she is permenantly excluded. Would this be the suitable punishment? Would she go to jail (can she?) or to young offenders?

This is not something you should be gossiping about especially when you don't know the facts.

You could get in trouble for spreading rumours ...

ReputationRep:
    Are you gonna have a poll about which punishment is more suitable lol?

ReputationRep:

If a girl did indeed end up with a fractured skull and deaf in one ear then I think it would go further than just being excluded from school.

police would have likely been involved, and possibly charges made.

hard to say if she'd end up in young offenders or not without knowing the girls record or how the fight started etc

you shouldn't just believe the gossip though. Good chance it's not even true and just chinese whispers that got out of hand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    If a girl did indeed end up with a fractured skull and deaf in one ear then I think it would go further than just being excluded from school.

police would have likely been involved, and possibly charges made.

hard to say if she'd end up in young offenders or not without knowing the girls record or how the fight started etc

you shouldn't just believe the gossip though. Good chance it's not even true and just chinese whispers that got out of hand
    The police did come to school and she isn't leaving hospital till March. We don't know what the injuries were but I just heard a rumour she is in a coma

ReputationRep:

Good god, what sort of ghetto school is this?

The child is over the age of criminal responsibility, so it's quite possible that the police could take action against her if it is felt that a prosecution is an appropriate response. She sounds like a nasty little thug from your description of the incident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Good god, what sort of ghetto school is this?

The child is over the age of criminal responsibility, so it's quite possible that the police could take action against her if it is felt that a prosecution is an appropriate response. She sounds like a nasty little thug from your description of the incident.
    My school is actually a catholic independent all girls school and the fight was over a boy from the boy school

ReputationRep:
    My school is actually a catholic independent all girls school and the fight was over a boy from the boy school
    Wow - a catholic independent day school and one of the 12-year-old pupils beats another so badly in a fight that she ends up in hospital with a fractured skull and hearing loss... Bet they don't put that in the prospectus.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like GBH to me.

ReputationRep:
    Just stay out of other people's business, is my advice.

ReputationRep:
    Is it to do with cheating? I don't get why some girls fight the girl he cheated on. Confront the guy instead.

ReputationRep:
    It was about cheating and the police were called and we had an assembly it was very serious.

All depends on whether it was self-defence or not

but still, she'll likely be punished for it as she did some serious damage

most likely young offenders

ReputationRep:
    The police did come to school and she isn't leaving hospital till March. We don't know what the injuries were but I just heard a rumour she is in a coma

how on earth does a little 12 year old girl inflict such injuries?

Is she built like Mike Tyson or something

Spoiler:
    Show

and if the other girl has injuries that would require such a long hospital stay then I would not be surprised if the girl who did it got charged with GBH. I mean if I was a parent and my kid ended up hospitalized I'd certainly be looking to pressing charges. This isn't just a simple black eye

everyone knows u can't trust rumours.lol
      Punishment?nah i don't think so.Its very unlikely that she fractured the girls skull.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tamil fever)
      everyone knows u can't trust rumours.lol
      Punishment?nah i don't think so.Its very unlikely that she fractured the girls skull.
      Yes that is the rumour. We think she has a head injury and that is why the teachers were lifting her legs up and wrapping her in foil. Thought she was dead

ReputationRep:

She'll just be put on young offenders and maybe a criminal record only because shes not even a teenager yet.And yeah she would get permanently excluded

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.