Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i'm little over whelmed with the whole uni thing and haven't got a clue where too look.

i'm currently in my first year studying level 3 sound engineering at college.

anyone have any clue what uni's that would suit my needs ?

Also the nightlife would be a big factor too. i'm into my underground music! not chart and other dribble like that .

ReputationRep:
    BCU (Birmingham City University) is where I'm at mate loving it so far. Second year Sound Engineering and Production. Covers everything related to the industry incl. electronics, production (recording producing etc.), live sound engineering (rigging gigs line arrays, digital and analogue desks), marketing, project management, software programming.

Some really class lecturers as well met great people.

Dunno what grades you're on for but the course normally goes into clearing. 120 points at the moment on the website but that'll go down.

As for underground mate the uni's a 5-10 min walk from digbeth. Rainbow venues, void, lab11, boxxed all massive house, techno, drum and bass scenes. Rainbows gotta be one of the best house and tech house venues in the country up there with warehouse project f**king love it

Any more questions definitely hit me up mate no bother

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.