Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    i'm little over whelmed with the whole uni thing and haven't got a clue where too look.

    i'm currently in my first year studying level 3 sound engineering at college.

    anyone have any clue what uni's that would suit my needs ?

    Also the nightlife would be a big factor too. i'm into my underground music! not chart and other dribble like that .

    BCU (Birmingham City University) is where I'm at mate loving it so far. Second year Sound Engineering and Production. Covers everything related to the industry incl. electronics, production (recording producing etc.), live sound engineering (rigging gigs line arrays, digital and analogue desks), marketing, project management, software programming.

    Some really class lecturers as well met great people.

    Dunno what grades you're on for but the course normally goes into clearing. 120 points at the moment on the website but that'll go down.

    As for underground mate the uni's a 5-10 min walk from digbeth. Rainbow venues, void, lab11, boxxed all massive house, techno, drum and bass scenes. Rainbows gotta be one of the best house and tech house venues in the country up there with warehouse project f**king love it

    Any more questions definitely hit me up mate no bother
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2017
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.