Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    This is my first time posting on here so I don't know whether this is the right place or not.

    I am in my third year and since I didn't really have any friends that weren't going on a year break, I went back into university accommodation.

    However, I got put in with four first years. Four of them are fine to live with. Two of them are good friends and have a lot of people over but unless they open the door to the kitchen I can barely hear them. And my neighbour is nice as well.

    However, the student that lives in the room on the other side of my neighbour constantly blasts out his music. Literally every day I can hear bass through the walls. My next door neighbour listens to music quite loud but on rare occasions and often i can drown it out. I can't drown the bass out.

    I've told him before, nicely, about his music being too loud on multiple occasions. And sometimes it has been at 1am. But the next day he blasts it again.

    I've stopped telling him about it and just tried but it's just getting way too constant and bass isn't the easiest to ignore.

    What should I do?

    Mate play ur own music even louder than theirs and see how they like it!! And I'm being serious. Even if its terrible play it to annoy them even more.

    Contact the people in charge of your accommodation, they're your best bet if the guy is ignoring you

    You can start making noise complaints but it's very possible that it just destroys your relationship with him and doesn't change his behaviour (they're not going to kick him out for it).

    You could try having a general chat with him that his music is always too loud and can he turn it down or unplug his base speaker or buy ear phones or whatever he needs to do.

    You could also fight fire with fire if you have some speakers and put them up against the wall and blast Justin Bieber or something at 6.30 in the morning.
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.