Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I really like this guy at uni Watch

There is this guy at uni that I totally have a huge crush on. My friend messaged him for me at first and I drunk messaged him. He was quite blunt to me and later on he apologised. I know that he notices me because he asked me something which suggested that he did. But then he ignored my last message. Ahh he is so confusing like seriously.

He isn't interested. I'm guessing he is one of the better looking guys who likely get a lot of attention... most men would reply if they find you somewhat attractive.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    He isn't interested. I'm guessing he is one of the better looking guys who likely get a lot of attention... most men would reply if they find you somewhat attractive.
    He is extremely good looking but he is a mature student too. Do you think that could be a factor? I guess, I could say that he is too good looking for a girl like me. But the thing I don't get is why would he apologise to me in the first place because the conversation could have ended there.

ReputationRep:
    "He said sorry to me once so he probably loves me and wants to marry me" 🤔🤔🤔

(Original post by adil_)
    No I don't mean it in that way like he doesn't know me so he shouldn't have just cared. Like I ended the conversation there and then after I realised that he was quite blunt to me. But like after a couple of hours he messaged me saying sorry and wrote an explanation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adil_)
    infatuation

ReputationRep:
    No I don't mean it in that way like he doesn't know me so he shouldn't have just cared. Like I ended the conversation there and then after I realised that he was quite blunt to me. But like after a couple of hours he messaged me saying sorry and wrote an explanation.
    Maybe he just felt bad and wanted to apologise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adil_)
    Maybe he just felt bad and wanted to apologise
    Not maybe. That's why he apologised lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    Maybe OP is right and every conversation you have with another person is a confession of love

He is extremely good looking but he is a mature student too. Do you think that could be a factor? I guess, I could say that he is too good looking for a girl like me. But the thing I don't get is why would he apologise to me in the first place because the conversation could have ended there.
    You do realise every girls at your uni has probably made the same move. People say guys only care about looks... well only if they are decent enough for them to find them attractive... girls seem to chase the best looking men no matter how good or bad they look. Are men on your level just not good enough for you? I hate to sound bitter but dating is impossible for a lot of decent and good looking men purely because girls who are around their looks go for better looking men.

But why feel the need to apologise if he doesn't care about me though?

ReputationRep:
    But why feel the need to apologise if he doesn't care about me though?
    Unless you're a super rude person you generally apologise to everyone lol. Especially if you're british

Unless you're a super rude person you generally apologise to everyone lol. Especially if you're british
    No you aren't getting my point. He not only apologised but gave me a long ass explanation on why he was being the way he was.

ReputationRep:
    No you aren't getting my point. He not only apologised but gave me a long ass explanation on why he was being the way he was.
    It's called having manners...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Giddy Goblin)
    It's called having manners...
    Wow everyone on this thread is being so helpful to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Charlotte15)
    Wow everyone on this thread is being so helpful to her.
    would you prefer it if we tell her to propose to him tomorrow as he clearly loves her?

Guys don't shoot down women in the same way girls shoot down men. It's called manners... it's as simple as that. find someone on your level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adil_)
    would you prefer it if we tell her to propose to him tomorrow as he clearly loves her?
    Did I say that?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.