Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to obtain classroom experience over summer holidays? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi Folks

My son , who is in year 11, wants to become a teacher, and was thinking of there is any way he can get classroom work experience over the summer holidays?

Can you advice?

Thanks
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geek84)
    Hi Folks

My son , who is in year 11, wants to become a teacher, and was thinking of there is any way he can get classroom work experience over the summer holidays?

Can you advice?

Thanks
    Heya, I did this 2 years ago - I just asked my school if I could do it and they accepted! That would probably be your first step, if not then reach out to other local schools.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geek84)
    Hi Folks

Can you advice?

Thanks
    Hey, as he is in year 11, there is a very likely chance that he will finish school right after his GCSE exams. What he can do is ask a department at his school if he can complete work experience for the remaining month so that he is much more comfortable with working with teachers he knows. What he can do as he does that is look for places where they offer summer school jobs or tuition jobs so he can become more familiar with the teaching aspect itself.

After my GCSE exams, I completed a months worth of work experience at my schools science department, and at the end they wrote me a reference saying I completed it. The experience is unreal, and was truly amazing.

Hope this helps
    tat

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.