Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ex has moved on and is happy, I'm sad and single Watch

My girlfriend of 1.5 years broke up with me a few months ago, she said she just didn't feel romantically towards me anymore and wanted to be friends, I agreed. She continued being really nice after, speaking to me every few days and she always helped me when I was having family problems. I acted like the break up was okay but I was really sad, and so I kept taking it out on her, I kept ignoring messages asking if I was okay, or I'd pick at jewellery she was wearing, I called it slutty, shouldn't have done. Anyway, it drove her away from me more, but I apologised and she forgave me. After a few days of not speaking I deleted her off all social media, I think she found out too and now she hasn't spoken to me in over a month.

I've heard that she has moved on and is happy in a new relationship and has been for a few months. He is exactly what she likes, academically superior to me (studying to be a doctor whereas I didn't even go to uni), he's muscular, he's tall, a lot more attractive than me and her parents adore him, her parents didn't like me much, they thought she could do better and I agree, she could have and now she has.

ReputationRep:
    Ouch. I think we've probably all been in a situation similar to this. What can we say, really. Commiserations? Seems to weak, but you have them. At least you didn't stalk her or act inappropriately.

ReputationRep:
    There are many other girls in this world.
    Move on and find a different girl.

(Original post by Presetek)
    There are many other girls in this world.
    Move on and find a different girl.
    But I want her. The more days pass by, I start to think of all the reasons why she may have left me. I'll admit I was a crap boyfriend, I was extremely insecure and I still am, my self esteem is so bad and didn't help having a very attractive girlfriend who was constantly getting attention from other men, it made me feel worse. I wasn't very confident with her, I could never even kiss her the whole time I was with her, I struggled to even hug her or show her any physical affection until she told me that it bothers her that I can never show that I love her, but I just am not confident. I had a controlling girlfriend in the past who always made decisions for me and would tell me who I could and couldn't speak to, so I was always very shy and insecure with her and she wanted someone dominant. I was bullied in the past too because I couldn't stand up for myself, so I have social anxiety now.

(Original post by Reality Check)
    Ouch. I think we've probably all been in a situation similar to this. What can we say, really. Commiserations? Seems to weak, but you have them. At least you didn't stalk her or act inappropriately.
    I didn't stalk her, but I wasn't exactly nice to her either sometimes. She kept being really nice to me which made it hard because if she was mean, I'd be able to cut her off easily, but she was being overly nice. She said I kept trying to pick on her after the break up as in calling her jewellery slutty, I said she is selfish and only cares about money (again.. not true, I was emotional), I said she had changed and other things, and she forgave me for everything, but she took me deleting her offensively. I only deleted her on whatsapp, but she has deleted me on there plus instagram, snapchat, facebook, skype, everything and hasn't spoken to me since. She's never coming back now and I've lost the best girl I was ever going to get, I never get girls full stop due to my confidence issues.

ReputationRep:
    No offence but if thats how you treated her afterwards then you kinda deserve it.
    She was big enough to be respectful towards you after your breakup, perhaps if you didn't go down the bitter route you could have won her back

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.