Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Scared of being awkward with girls :/ Watch

... i have never been close friends with a girls, the last 3 girls i liked preety much guessed that i liked them after first conversatiom and made it obvious that they wouldnt want to talk to me despite me not asking them out... Like damn i just wanted to get to know them first

When i was in high school i was socially awkward, but im much less awkward. Im confident i talk to my teachers casually, i have lots of male friends, i can easily approach a girl. I don't see myself as ugly,awkward and i am constantly inproving myself.

But i feel so useless when it comes to talking to girls I have some interest in

Help

If you're saying that you have no problem talking to people with confidence, then you certainly have no problem talking to girls that you are interested in. Talk to them just like you talk to your teachers, male friends or family. Don't show them that you're nervous or awkward. Show them that you're casual about the whole thing, and that you simply wanna get to know them. They won't get the wrong impression, well at least I wouldn't!

I think if you put too much thought in how and what you should talk to her about, you'll get way more nervous, and you'll end up being awkward af, not knowing whether you should stay for the awkward silence or turn around and leave as fast as you can. That is why I suggest not to overthink the whole situation of you simply approaching a girl and talking to her in all casualty. This will show her that you're confident and positive in getting to know her.

Best of Luck.

More advice plz

Pls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Pls
    You can do many things to make yourself more attractive:
    - Be confident in how you walk/ talk (this is probably the most important).
    - Look better physically by working out/losing weight.
    - Try and grow a beard or stubble. This could make you look more masculine (unless you already have facial hair).
    - Develop your humor and try to be funny (girls love funny guys).
    - Smile more often.
    - Don't be too vain and narcisstic, most girls hate these guys.
    - You could try a new haircut.
    - Try to listen and understand girls, they love boys who actually listen to them.
    - Win the lottery (100% success rate).

That's all i got tbh.

(Original post by Ibbyyyyy)
    You can do many things to make yourself more attractive:
    - Be confident in how you walk/ talk (this is probably the most important).
    - Look better physically by working out/losing weight.
    - Try and grow a beard or stubble. This could make you look more masculine (unless you already have facial hair).
    - Develop your humor and try to be funny (girls love funny guys).
    - Smile more often.
    - Don't be too vain and narcisstic, most girls hate these guys.
    - You could try a new haircut.
    - Try to listen and understand girls, they love boys who actually listen to them.
    - Win the lottery (100% success rate).

That's all i got tbh.

I have got all of those things you listed except lottery, i think i am just scared of talking to girls, as i have had no luck
    • TSR Support Team

Best way to be is simply be yourself and don't over complicate things.

ReputationRep:
    Try faking it till you make it for the confidence thing, also don't worry too much I personally think awkward boys are really cute

ReputationRep:
    Please dont fall in love with the first girl you talk to. Try and make friends with as many people as you can. girls or guys

When a girl ignores a guy because she feels awkward as he likes her, its an unpleasant experience for both parties.

ReputationRep:
    Lol you sound like someone I used to know, hmm...
    Just be honest/try to not come off as hopeless or desperate.
    Fake confidence till you get some of the real stuff

(Original post by potassiumnitrate)
    Please dont fall in love with the first girl you talk to. Try and make friends with as many people as you can. girls or guys

When a girl ignores a guy because she feels awkward as he likes her, its an unpleasant experience for both parties.
    Im worried that I cant talk to girls without them thinking i like them
    What should i do in regards to the 2nd paragraph because she goes to my school (not in my classes) all I do is pretend she doesnt exist but idk i feel like talking to her and trying to sort it out skmetimes idk. Im sure we have no idea what each party is thinking

My gosh, how I can relate to you.

I used to exactly the same, ignoring my crush like the plague yet still hoping one day we'd make a connection. Honestly, I've learnt that it's not the best approach, since being in a relationship with the person will obviously involve you having to talk to them. If you want to show your interest in them then to begin with you must try and talk to them (which I know is easier said than done, but have courage in yourself ). I used to always be shy and scared to talk to guys until I met my current boyfriend through a friend, and everything changed. I didn't think I'd make good 'girlfriend material' since I saw myself as awkward and uninteresting, but once you get to know the person (before you start dating) they just feel like one of your friends anyway. Conversation becomes naturally and you completely forget why you used to be worried.

My advice to you would be to forget what people think and just go for it. You can change your image and be whoever you want to be. If it doesn't work out then it just wasn't meant to be, keep your head high and move on

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.