Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

Couldn't see any threads started for the 2017 intake for Finance the Future. Thought this could be a useful place to post and find advice on the telephone interview, assessment centre, etc.

I've got a telephone interview tomorrow morning and am expecting it to be mostly competency and motivation based. If anyone has already been through this please feel free to offer any advice!

Thanks and best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    How did you go with the telephone interview?
    I have mine tomorrow! Just trying to guess what kind of questions are going to come up!

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LEKR2)
    How did you go with the telephone interview?
    I have mine tomorrow! Just trying to guess what kind of questions are going to come up!

Good luck!

I actually missed the call when they phoned last week! But I managed to reschedule it for this Friday, luckily. Thanks!

How did you think yours went? Congrats on getting it done and out of the way.

ReputationRep:
    Hi did anyone hear back from Finance the Future?

ReputationRep:
    So... how did everyone get on at the final interviews? I feel like there's been so many stages I can't wait to find out either way.

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to tell. Just did my best, found the interviews short, only 30-40 minutes long. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Does anybody know when we find out the outcome??

ReputationRep:
    I found out on Monday, so you should find out soon. I got a phone call from the borough rather than finance the future

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I’ve reached the final interview stage for 2018 intake. How was the final stage for you guys? What kind of questions did it entail?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khushboo123)
    Hi, I’ve reached the final interview stage for 2018 intake. How was the final stage for you guys? What kind of questions did it entail?
    Hi,I had my final interviews on the 11th & 12th of june for barking & barnet council.Have you heard back ?Not feeling positive at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dpjt)
    Hi,I had my final interviews on the 11th & 12th of june for barking & barnet council.Have you heard back ?Not feeling positive at all
    Hi, I heard back today via email. Not good news unfortunately but they have spaces in other boroughs so they asked if I wanted to do second round interview with them
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    How much is the salary and salary progression over the years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kc1997)
    Does Anyone know how the process works? I got an offer from one of the boroughs I interviewed at but not sure what the procedure entails and if also anyone asked about salary expectations at the interviews because I forgot to

ReputationRep:
    Finally got an offer from one of the boroughs.Salary is around 25,741.

ReputationRep:
    I got offered a scheme, the salary depends on boroughs as I was offered two spots and there was a difference of £5,500 pa between the two

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellenabethx)
    I got offered a scheme, the salary depends on boroughs as I was offered two spots and there was a difference of £5,500 pa between the two
    congrats to you too! and oh wow thats a huge difference, do you mind saying which boroughs you got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abhay_g)
    congrats to you too! and oh wow thats a huge difference, do you mind saying which boroughs you got?

I got offered Hammersmith and Fulham, and Islington.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dpjt)
    Finally got an offer from one of the boroughs.Salary is around 25,741.
    I got offered Hammersmith and Fulham and Islington.

Islington offered a better package of £30,012

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.