Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting an A* in bio, chem, physics - how far does ISA influence? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    So I'm currently doing my biology and physics ISA. If I happened to not do so well in an ISA, how hard would it be to get an A* overall?
    Say I got a B in all my ISAs, how many marks would I probably need to get on unit1,2 and 3 of each science to get an A* in each?
    I'm aiming for straight A*s so...
    I think my ISAs are going pretty well though and I've probably got A*s/ A's but I'm a bit of an overthinker so I need reassurance.

ReputationRep:
    The ISA is 25% of the GCSE. Therefore, it is worth 100 UMS out of 400 UMS. A B would be 70+ UMS and you need 360/400 UMS to get an A* overall.
    So you would need 290 UMS across three exams (That have a potential of 300 UMS overall). So you would need 97 UMS (A high A*) out of 100 on each exam. Though this number would fall if you got a high B or if you got an A/A*.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.