Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can anyone help me out Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently on a gap year and sent off my UCAS on December 14th. At A2 I got an A* and 2 A's. I've applied to study English at Sussex, Exeter, St. Andrews, Southampton and Durham. It's been well over a month now and everyone else I know has at least one offer while I still have nothing. I know it can take a while, but given that I already have my grades, I'm getting extremely worried. Am I needlessly stressing or is there something I can do to find out if my application has gone wrong?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure everything is fine, applications can take a significant amount of time to process and look over. I knew some people who waited well over three months to hear back from their chosen Uni. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I know most people applied around november time so maybe cause it was a little later it would take more time?

St Andrews, and Durham are notorious for taking ages aswell
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollycleary)
    I'm currently on a gap year and sent off my UCAS on December 14th. At A2 I got an A* and 2 A's. I've applied to study English at Sussex, Exeter, St. Andrews, Southampton and Durham. It's been well over a month now and everyone else I know has at least one offer while I still have nothing. I know it can take a while, but given that I already have my grades, I'm getting extremely worried. Am I needlessly stressing or is there something I can do to find out if my application has gone wrong?
    Universities will take a long time and you shouldn't compare yourself or your application process time to anyone else's. All cases are individual. Also, I'm not too sure about the specific unis that you applied to, but most unis only started back for their 2nd semester two weeks ago after the Christmas break. So I would say, wait a couple more weeks and round it off until the end of Feb. If you get absolutely zero replies then I would just phone up the admissions team for those unis and just ask what is the status of your application and they will tell you.

I remember applying in Jan and didn't receive all 5 offers at least until May. So some unis are just slower than others. That's all love.

Good luck though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.