Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kravence)
    Lacking how? I stated that I didn't know, you're arguing with the wrong person lol
    You said you thought it was vocational, i'm arguing that it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry that for my preferred subject of study I don't have to go to Oxbridge to get a good paying job.
    😂😂
    😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LisaNikita)
    And you are so intelligent how? I'm doing AS Maths in year 10. I'm not good in any humanity subjects but I manage. And I wouldn't be too quick to start calling myself intelligent on a forum😂😂
    Not once did I call myself intelligent, so don't know where you got that from.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry that for my preferred subject of study I don't have to go to Oxbridge to get a good paying job.
    😂😂
    😂😂
    In relation to the title of this thread, it doesn't make Law a useless degree though does it? In addition, attending a Russell Group uni will give you as good a chance as anyone from Oxbridge etc

ReputationRep:
    😂😂
    😂😂
    You obviously didn't read my post. Perhaps the moderate amount of writing was too much for you to process. Can you stop spouting rubbish now? I'm not surprised, though, you are in year 10 and know jack **** about the real world.

ReputationRep:
    On a less antagonistic note, we've been talking about its use with regards to the UK (perhaps a bit much emphasis on London).
    Is it useful elsewhere? Ireland uses LLBs as QLD status, after all.
    If one really wanted to be a lawyer it wouldn't be beyond feasability to just move there for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachaiec)
    Not once did I call myself intelligent, so don't know where you got that from.
    You said "lack of intelligence which I hate" that suggests that you have a magnitude of your so called intelligence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oddwatermelon)
    You obviously didn't read my post. Perhaps the moderate amount of writing was too much for you to process. Can you stop spouting rubbish now? I'm not surprised, though, you are in year 10 and know jack **** about the real world.
    Couldn't agree more with you.

ReputationRep:
    You said you thought it was vocational, i'm arguing that it isn't.
    Possibly, I'm not 100% sure
    No I didn't, I said I wasn't sure. I don't study law or ever plan on doing so, obviously I would be ignorant on the subject.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    You said "lack of intelligence which I hate" that suggests that you have a magnitude of your so called intelligence
    No you've made an assumption which is untrue, even the fact you said "suggests" reinforces this, and i'm not the only person on here who thinks your a lunatic talking utter nonsence.

ReputationRep:
    I love inciting neurotypicals

ReputationRep:
    No I didn't, I said I wasn't sure. I don't study law or ever plan on doing so, obviously I would be ignorant on the subject.

Spoiler:
    Show

Well please take your ignorance elsewhere next time.

ReputationRep:
    We can't all be neurotypical's with the same thought pattern though, your clearly in the wrong and haven't a clue what your talking for starters your only in year ten I mean that doesn't give you any experience in the world of work at all then does it?

ReputationRep:
    Well please take your ignorance elsewhere next time.
    Could say the same to you

:flybye:

ReputationRep:
    Could say the same to you

:flybye:
    Think I know a fair bit about Law since i'm studying it like.

ReputationRep:
    Do kindly take your poor-mental-health superiority and shove it up your ***.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently there are more people in colleges studying law then there are actual jobs. Is this true?
    There are more people studying in colleges than jobs, period.

But yes, it is useless if your aspiration is to be a deep sea diver or muskrat trapper.

ReputationRep:
    Think I know a fair bit about Law since i'm studying it like.
    So far you seem to be unable to show that

ReputationRep:
    In addition, attending a Russell Group uni will give you as good a chance as anyone from Oxbridge etc
    Mm, you'll be able to access most things if you have a good CV outside your grades, but if you think Oxbridge doesn't give you a better chance of making it through a paper sift as against someone from, say, Sheffield or York, I have bad news.

Additional factors in Oxbridge's overrepresentation in the legal professions include access to and emphasis upon ECs and the fact that they just hoover up a lot of the best candidates to begin with, but it's clearly a boost in itself in getting your foot in the door.

ReputationRep:
    😂😂
    😂😂
    To get a well paying job you will have to sort out your terrible attitude, learn to get along with people and work hard.

You're currently in Year 10 so have no idea whether or not you'll be a success. Just because you might, should you actually get decent grades, study a STEM subject doesn't mean you're destined for a successful career.

I'd recommend avoiding the discussion of 'adult' topics until you actually have a clue.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.