Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which Fandom has the worst Fanbase? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PotassiumIodide3)
    As someone in the MLP fandom, I think Bronies are awful.
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dat goi)
    Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy.
    Oh hahaha yeah those people that argue about whether or not Final Fantasy VII is the best

ReputationRep:
    errm.. all religions .. do they count?

ReputationRep:
    Sherlock, great show but terrible fandom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeYou2Night)
    errm.. all religions .. do they count?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by epage)
    Sherlock, great show but terrible fandom
    Oh I forgot about Sherlock!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    are you saying this because anime has come up quite a lot so far and...well....you're a fan?
    I'll admit, I find it strange that people would complain about the fans of an entire medium. That's like saying you find people who like radio, or who read books annoying. All valid opinions I guess, but odd ones to me.

However, as someone who is passionate about their hobbies, I can appreciate people who are as enthusiastic (sometimes even moreso) about their own hobbies, even when it's something I have no interest in myself. My complaint about the thread is simply that it's a shame to see negativity aimed at fans of anything, if they're doing no harm.

ReputationRep:
    As someone in the MLP fandom, I think Bronies are awful.

As a hardcore anime fan, I think anime fans are awful.

As someone who goes to at least 4 comic book/anime/sci fi conventions a year, I think all fandoms are awful.

Amongst anime fans, the Attack on Titan fans are the worst. Girls with nothing better to do, sitting behind their computers dishing out death threats to anyone who doesn't ship Ereri, call anyone who doesn't ship Ereri homophobic (despite the fact that it's not the only gay ship in the fandom, and most non-Ereri fans ships either Eremin or LeviXErwin). Honestly, the female fans of Attack on Titan are some of the worst people I know, though the Hetalia fandom comes pretty close, too.
    Oh god, I don't mind people shipping people (Although I just dislike the word shipping. Just use another word. When people use that word too enthusiasticly I just think eugh. One of the reasons why I said anime. Also when they say senpai)
    But when someone disagrees then they start insulting them for disagreeing that just annoys me. I know thats not everyone in the "fandom" but in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kholmes1)
    Oh god, I don't mind people shipping people (Although I just dislike the word shipping. Just use another word. When people use that word too enthusiasticly I just think eugh. One of the reasons why I said anime. Also when they say senpai)
    But when someone disagrees then they start insulting them for disagreeing that just annoys me. I know thats not everyone in the "fandom" but in general.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    what's fandom
    Fan-Dom

Fanatic Domain

an area/collection of people who really really like something and are either in real life or online, together in one place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snr1)
    Fan-Dom

Fanatic Domain

an area/collection of people who really really like something and are either in real life or online, together in one place
    I had no idea it meant Fanatic Domain!!! :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I'll admit, I find it strange that people would complain about the fans of an entire medium. That's like saying you find people who like radio, or who read books annoying. All valid opinions I guess, but odd ones to me.

However, as someone who is passionate about their hobbies, I can appreciate people who are as enthusiastic (sometimes even moreso) about their own hobbies, even when it's something I have no interest in myself. My complaint about the thread is simply that it's a shame to see negativity aimed at fans of anything, if they're doing no harm.
    It's more directed at the stereotypical archetype of a particular 'fandom'.

I don't think comparing fans of radio/books is as specific as fans of anime. What would be the book/radio equivalent of a 'weeaboo', for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snr1)
    Fan-Dom

Fanatic Domain

:O

ReputationRep:
    Naruto fandom is awful. Ruin the anime for me.
    Sherlock fandom makes me laugh though, I like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kholmes1)
    Yeah, I agree. I will admit that I do ship a lot of things, mostly yaoi and yuri (and I write bad fanfictions and draw cringe-worthy fanart), but if someone disagrees with my ships, that's fine. Problems, for me, occur when people aggressively try to convert me to their ship, or call me homophobic because I prefer NaruHina to SasuNaru. Or when people say that EreMika is disgusting because they're 'practically siblings' (even though they were already about 8 or 9 when they started living together and one is very obviously and canonically in love with the other), while hardcore shipping Ereri, despite the fact that Levi is more than twice Eren's age.

Overall, it's just a shame that the most vocal members of fandoms are those who are annoying, abusive or both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow Hunters)
    Sherlock fandom makes me laugh though, I like it.
    It is one of the better ones...

Which version of Shadowhunters? Film or TV/Web-series?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadow Hunters)
    I agree. Fortunately, I was already onto Shippuden by the time I ventured into any fandom spaces.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snr1)
    Which version of Shadowhunters? Film or TV/Web-series?
    <whispers> The books are best, the film changed the order of events.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    This reminded me that 80% of the Steven universe fandom are horrific. Which is sad, because it's a show that literally promotes love and kindness...

ReputationRep:
    <whispers> The books are best, the film changed the order of events.
    I agree I read the books got all hyped up for the movie then it just wasn't right. But then they made a web-series on Netflix and it actually does the books justice (not that anything will ever be as good).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.