Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I received an offer from the University of Birmingham for my chosen course ( Mechanical engineeing) however as part of the offer I am also required to successfully complete a maths aptitude test.

My question is, has anyone done this before? And what was the test like? What are the key areas I should revise on and how difficult was it out of 10

Thanks👍🏻

ReputationRep:
    I have got an offer as well from University of Birmingham for Civil Engineering and they said I am required to do a maths aptitude test in April. Just wondering, have you done yours? How was it?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, yes I have done the maths aptitude test and unfortunately I failed it by 1 MARK! After ringing and speaking to admission staff they still wouldn’t give me a place. However, I had Aston University as my Insurance and I am now a student here. The test it self isn’t too long but the hour does fly by! Section B of the test ( supposedly the harder part) wasn’t too bad. Section A ( where I failed by 1 mark) is quiet tricky due to not remembering some of the formulas from gcse. Overall the test isn’t too hard as long as you revise, what have u got as your insurance ???

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 27, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.