Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am hoping to go to York uni this September and wanted help about which college accommodation to apply for and also some info about my course.

I have applied for Accounting, Business Finance and Management - what is the course like? what are the people like that do this course? Also as the lectures will be on Campus Easy do the majority of people studying this course (or similar) apply for accommodation on campus east?

I was going to apply for accommodation in the West campus as I am told that it's good for the uni experience and it is not in the outskirts - having to travel to the other campus for lectures doesn't bother me too much.

I was going to put Vanbrugh as my first choice as it has ensuite, self-catered rooms with flat-style layout which is what I wanted, however a past student recommended Derwent as the people who are there are often very nice and the fact that this college is known for parties etc sounds like my kind of thing too. Although the self-catered rooms are all shared bathrooms which I'm not sure about - what is it like having shared bathrooms? What accommodation do you recommend? Any other college ideas I would be interested in too!!

Another question,in the colleges on the West campuses are there many people who do business courses staying there or do they mostly opt for closer accommodation?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR121)
    Hi,

I am hoping to go to York uni this September and wanted help about which college accommodation to apply for and also some info about my course.

I have applied for Accounting, Business Finance and Management - what is the course like? what are the people like that do this course? Also as the lectures will be on Campus Easy do the majority of people studying this course (or similar) apply for accommodation on campus east?

I was going to apply for accommodation in the West campus as I am told that it's good for the uni experience and it is not in the outskirts - having to travel to the other campus for lectures doesn't bother me too much.

I was going to put Vanbrugh as my first choice as it has ensuite, self-catered rooms with flat-style layout which is what I wanted, however a past student recommended Derwent as the people who are there are often very nice and the fact that this college is known for parties etc sounds like my kind of thing too. Although the self-catered rooms are all shared bathrooms which I'm not sure about - what is it like having shared bathrooms? What accommodation do you recommend? Any other college ideas I would be interested in too!!

Another question,in the colleges on the West campuses are there many people who do business courses staying there or do they mostly opt for closer accommodation?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!!
    I am going to be studying at the Management school, from what I've heard most students there are at the Hes East campus. However I'm thinking about living in either Vanbrugh or Derwent too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathmartin99_)
    I am going to be studying at the Management school, from what I've heard most students there are at the Hes East campus. However I'm thinking about living in either Vanbrugh or Derwent too.
    Oh that's cool. Yeah I heard that too but I didn't really want to be on the east campus accommodation :/

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.