The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IfYouCanDreamIt
Has anyone used uplearn or know about it? I saw it on here and decided to take a look, I like the a/a* guarantee but I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me some insight on it before I spend all that money on it?

i swear it isn't any money?
Reply 2
I got to test it last year for theme 1 and I regularly talk to the team that run it, theyre great people and the site is amazing. It makes everything so simple and ensures you understand it all. They offer a free trial and the progress tracker is excellent. I was actually going to make a purchase tonight for Up core and Up master for micro and macro. Remember that to get the A*/A guarantee you have to put it in the time and effort or else they won't refund it. But from using it last year and having used the free trial, I can say it's excellent and money well spent.
Original post by zayn008
I got to test it last year for theme 1 and I regularly talk to the team that run it, theyre great people and the site is amazing. It makes everything so simple and ensures you understand it all. They offer a free trial and the progress tracker is excellent. I was actually going to make a purchase tonight for Up core and Up master for micro and macro. Remember that to get the A*/A guarantee you have to put it in the time and effort or else they won't refund it. But from using it last year and having used the free trial, I can say it's excellent and money well spent.

Okay thank you! I didn't realise there was a free trial. I'm waiting for them to put up the aqa economics but when they do I'll definitely get it. Thanks
Original post by tamil fever
i swear it isn't any money?

I think it's a hundred or two hundred pounds I'm not sure but I think you definitely do have to pay
Original post by Yoitsmia
I've always been a high achiever, but in GCSE Biology and Chemisty, I got a C instead of my predicted A. I needed these two subjects for my A-Levels. In Year 12, my grades got back up to As, but immediately dropped at exam season to Cs- I had not idea what was going wrong. So at the beginning of Year 13, I decided to start UpLearn. Can I just say - it was the best decision I ever made. My teachers had always predicted me As and A*s, but UpLearn helped reinforce that back into me! I'm now starting my second year at Oxford University with a medicine degree, and I do not think I could have got there without UpLearn! Highly recommended!

Did you use uplearn solely for you a level revision. Im thinking about getting up learn. I've just started my as levels. do you think it's good at retaining , memorising and learning information. It's just i could use anki instead which uses space repetition which they apparently use in uplearn) so how much better is uplearn to anki in terms of retaining and reinforcing info for exam.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by HarrydaHobbit
Did you use uplearn solely for you a level revision. Im thinking about getting up learn. I've just started my as levels. do you think it's good at retaining , memorising and learning information. It's just i could use anki instead which uses space repetition which they apparently use in uplearn) so how much better is uplearn to anki in terms of retaining and reinforcing info for exam.

I've had a proper look through everything and it's guaranteed to get you an A*/A with only uplearn in any of the subjects as long as you put in th amount of hours you need to using the website (as they will surely guide you in how many that is) you choose so yeah you can but over the summer they couldn't hire good enough teachers so they're courses are going to be taking a while to upload and then you can purchase them some of them are available from march 2018 (one of the tutors told me I can still get an A* starting using it from then and then doing my exams official exams in 2019 summer) and some courses won't be available till 2018 September (again, one of the tutors told me I can still get an A* starting using it from then and then doing my exams official exams in 2019 summer) they are also going to add new courses too. This is exactly what they've put up on they're website:

We put a lot of time and effort into getting our courses absolutely right for every student. It's not our style to release anything that's less than the absolute highest quality, and able to get any student from any grade up to an A*. We've succeeded at doing this with our Economics course, but we've had some problems expanding to other subjects. Over the summer we hired teachers and tutors that ended up not being good enough. Despite teaching at the top schools in the country, or having the highest rated tutors in the UK - they still weren't good enough. Fortunately, we are now finally finding the right world-class people to expand Up Learn to more subjects and exam boards, and are investing a lot in convincing them to join us and help make Up Learn the best learning experience in the world for our students. What this means is that everything is taking longer than we thought, but we will still be launching many more subjects later this school year - with more than enough time to use them to get an A* in your exams. Some subjects, however, have been delayed until September 2018. Our mission is to provide the world's most effective learning experience and our focus is and always will be helping as many students as possible get the best results in the most efficient way

If ur doing sciences,geography, maths, English Lit or History I suggest for the time being you visiti this site:
www.snaprevise.co.uk
They're videos are tailored to a all major 2015 specs (Edexcel,OCR,AQA) and AS is like 30 pounds and so is A2 you get access to AS for two years and A2 for 2 years once you purchase it. The people teaching are all oxbrige / Edinburgh / Durham Students and they write the notes for all the subjects too and you can get access to these once you purchase the course. :smile:
Reply 7
I've always been a high achiever, but in GCSE Biology and Chemisty, I got a C instead of my predicted A. I needed these two subjects for my A-Levels. In Year 12, my grades got back up to As, but immediately dropped at exam season to Cs- I had not idea what was going wrong. So at the beginning of Year 13, I decided to start UpLearn. Can I just say - it was the best decision I ever made. My teachers had always predicted me As and A*s, but UpLearn helped reinforce that back into me! I'm now starting my second year at Oxford University with a medicine degree, and I do not think I could have got there without UpLearn! Highly recommended!

Wow you were in a similar situation to me. I also got C's in my GCSE biology and chemistry and I found a place where I can take Maths Biology and Chemistry for A level. Aiming for 3A's. How did you get into Oxford for Medicine with C's in GCSEs?
Reply 8
Original post by Mai_kalantar
I've had a proper look through everything and it's guaranteed to get you an A*/A with only uplearn in any of the subjects as long as you put in th amount of hours you need to using the website (as they will surely guide you in how many that is) you choose so yeah you can but over the summer they couldn't hire good enough teachers so they're courses are going to be taking a while to upload and then you can purchase them some of them are available from march 2018 (one of the tutors told me I can still get an A* starting using it from then and then doing my exams official exams in 2019 summer) and some courses won't be available till 2018 September (again, one of the tutors told me I can still get an A* starting using it from then and then doing my exams official exams in 2019 summer) they are also going to add new courses too. This is exactly what they've put up on they're website:

We put a lot of time and effort into getting our courses absolutely right for every student. It's not our style to release anything that's less than the absolute highest quality, and able to get any student from any grade up to an A*. We've succeeded at doing this with our Economics course, but we've had some problems expanding to other subjects. Over the summer we hired teachers and tutors that ended up not being good enough. Despite teaching at the top schools in the country, or having the highest rated tutors in the UK - they still weren't good enough. Fortunately, we are now finally finding the right world-class people to expand Up Learn to more subjects and exam boards, and are investing a lot in convincing them to join us and help make Up Learn the best learning experience in the world for our students. What this means is that everything is taking longer than we thought, but we will still be launching many more subjects later this school year - with more than enough time to use them to get an A* in your exams. Some subjects, however, have been delayed until September 2018. Our mission is to provide the world's most effective learning experience and our focus is and always will be helping as many students as possible get the best results in the most efficient way

If ur doing sciences,geography, maths, English Lit or History I suggest for the time being you visiti this site:
www.snaprevise.co.uk
They're videos are tailored to a all major 2015 specs (Edexcel,OCR,AQA) and AS is like 30 pounds and so is A2 you get access to AS for two years and A2 for 2 years once you purchase it. The people teaching are all oxbrige / Edinburgh / Durham Students and they write the notes for all the subjects too and you can get access to these once you purchase the course. :smile:

You sound like you've been hired by them as a promoter.
Original post by SethMtv
You sound like you've been hired by them as a promoter.

I’m not a promoter - just someone trying to get their grades and help those struggling because sixth form is tough ✌🏻
I tried to do the free trial and it says that they’re working on their courses and they won’t be available for a few months?? is this the same on the paid version??
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by emily__g
I tried to do the free trial and it says that they’re working on their courses and they won’t be available for a few months?? is this the same on the paid version??

I think so, when the courses come available then you can buy them. The course I originally wanted to do, over a year ago, has only just come available so I wouldn't suggest you wait for it to come available. I kept checking to see when my course would be available and it kept giving later dates so I decided to give up waiting for it.

^probably not a true story
Reply 13
I am doing a level physics ocr a and I have to catch up work because I changed the programme is uplearn good for a level physics ocr a ? I really want to get good grade .
Original post by Leomat
I am doing a level physics ocr a and I have to catch up work because I changed the programme is uplearn good for a level physics ocr a ? I really want to get good grade .

UpLearn is literally my grade saviour!! i used Uplearn this year for my A levels. You wont need to write notes or even go to lessons anymore because EVERYTHING you need is there. They even have an A/A* guarantee as long as you watch all the videos and put in the work.

without them i wouldnt have got my A grades!!

try their Physics free trial and then you'll see how good it is, you wont regret it.
Original post by jawwadkhan._
^probably not a true story

I used Uplearn too and ended up with an A in Economics (Edexcel) so UpLearn is seriously that good, its changed the entire dynamic of learning in itself. i would 100% recommend it too, its real, its amazing.

If you dont believe it, try the free trial on the website, its AMAZING!!
Reply 16
I mean I already in free trial and it pretty good and I understand everything but did someone get A or A star in A level ohysics ocr a?
I don't trust @preet1234 as they've only made their account today and are just trying to promote UpLearn throughout TSR. I've checked every post he/she has made.
100% A PROMOTER
Reply 18
How many A* did you get in your GCSEs ,if you don't mind asking
Reply 19
Im in year 12 and I am using it for economics and maths. Haven’t tried maths yet but economics is really good. Although I have been getting A’s in Econ school but not everything made sense and uplearn changed that. My GCSE’s 6 9s 4 7s 1 6. But I have been doing bad for my other subjects, because I don’t do any work. I recommend uplearn and also study a decent amount from the start.

Latest