The Student Room Group

How to lose weight everywhere except my butt?

VIQ

Scroll to see replies

You can't really do that. If the calories you burn exceed the calories you eat, you'll lose fat stores from pretty much everywhere equally.
Squat to keep your butt big :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
You can't really do that. If the calories you burn exceed the calories you eat, you'll lose fat stores from pretty much everywhere equally.

So I've heard.
Reply 4
Original post by Eternalflames

Yep I agree, so go on a diet and lose weight but keep doing squats and other exercises for the bum/upper leg and it should keep it big. It also depends on your body type, I know girls that are skinny on top, like proper small, but then proper big below the waist! The luckiest girl I ever saw was a cuban dancer, she was skinny as a stick but had a big bum and big boobs (all natural!!!!).
Reply 5
Original post by Eternalflames

Original post by elekro
Yep I agree, so go on a diet and lose weight but keep doing squats and other exercises for the bum/upper leg and it should keep it big. It also depends on your body type, I know girls that are skinny on top, like proper small, but then proper big below the waist! The luckiest girl I ever saw was a cuban dancer, she was skinny as a stick but had a big bum and big boobs (all natural!!!!).

But I'd lose it if I stopped squatting right?
Reply 6
Original post by Laeliakiwi

there's no definite answer here, but practically yeah, because your muscle mass will be reduced (I think)
But I'll lose it if I stopped squatting right?

Yeah because the fat will be gone and you wouldn't be keeping it toned
Idek
@Angry cucumber I think you can help out here

You cant spot reduce. You can do exercise (reistance) to minimise muscle loss or when you dont need to lose weight, then strengthen your butt. Loads of glute orientated workouts that you can google.

If you stop training a muscle then yeah, it'd atrophy (get smaller again). Nobody said maintaining a good shape would be easy :tongue:
Original post by WoodyMKC
If you stop training a muscle then yeah, it'd atrophy (get smaller again). Nobody said maintaining a good shape would be easy :tongue:

Gaahhhhhddd. I seriously lack self-discipline. :cry2:

Serious question, my butt would become hard after lifting weights? (would it shake a little when hit....??)
believe me a skinny girl without a butt is better looking that a chub with a butt
it's like how a skinny rake with a sixpack isn't as good as a normal non-sixpack dude if he's got a bit of muscle
VIQ

You can't. It's genetic where you lose fat from
Gaahhhhhddd. I seriously lack self-discipline. :cry2:

Serious question, my butt would become hard after lifting weights? (would it shake a little when hit....??)

The hardest part is getting started and getting into the routine of it, most of the time.

Muscle doesn't jiggle very much, whereas bodyfat does. So basically, a butt with a good muscle:fat ratio will jiggle less than a butt that carries a great deal of fat and not so much muscle :wink:
Original post by Angry cucumber
You can't. It's genetic where you lose fat from

But give me tips sensei! :cry:

Original post by WoodyMKC
The hardest part is getting started and getting into the routine of it, most of the time.

Muscle doesn't jiggle very much, whereas bodyfat does. So basically, a butt with a good muscle:fat ratio will jiggle less than a butt that carries a great deal of fat and not so much muscle :wink:

Exactly. Even then I could do it for several months and then stop. Done. Das it.

Don't want it to be too hard though :bawling: Is it better to lose the fat before lifting weights or do it simultaneously?
Original post by sleepysnooze
believe me a skinny girl without a butt is better looking that a chub with a butt
it's like how a skinny rake with a sixpack isn't as good as a normal non-sixpack dude if he's got a bit of muscle

No thanks, I'd rather not be skinny and have no arse. Not that fat at the moment but not where I'd like to be.(problem area is my hips and thighs, and my tummy isn't as flat as before). A little bit tall so I can get away with a little extra :wink:
No thanks, I'd rather not be skinny and have no arse. Not that fat at the moment but not where I'd like to be.(problem area is my hips and thighs, and my tummy isn't as flat as before). A little bit tall so I can get away with a little extra :wink:

how much do you think guys care about butts? it's relative to your body - again, if shes fat but has big boobs it means very little.
how much do you think guys care about butts? it's relative to your body - again, if shes fat but has big boobs it means very little.

I don't care if they care, I care, and I don't want to be skinny and have no arse. I don't look overweight or anything, I like my curves, I've just gained weight and I've looked better in the past (albeit I was more active before)
I don't care if they care, I care, and I don't want to be skinny and have no arse. I don't look overweight or anything, I like my curves, I've just gained weight and I've looked better in the past (albeit I was more active before)

...but why would you care about your butt more than not looking overweight? if you're overweight your butt size is just going to look like fat, juts like I said with big boobs on fat girls. skinny at least looks more feminine if anything. having a big butt, like I said, is so relative to your figure it almost makes it dependent upon it in the first place. a thin girl with a big butt is better than a chubby girl with a bigger butt. the thinner girl's butt will still appear bigger in relation.
...but why would you care about your butt more than not looking overweight? if you're overweight your butt size is just going to look like fat, juts like I said with big boobs on fat girls.

You don't understand what I mean ffs.
I don't look overweight, but I've gained weight. I'm just worried if I lose restrict calories and do HIIT, I'll lose my butt, ideally I'd lose it in the aforementioned problem areas but it doesn't work like that.

Quick Reply

Latest