Is anyone doing Higher Business Management and Has sat the Prelims

Watch this thread
James26488
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Is anyone doing Higher Business Management and has sat the P & N prelims it would be much appreciated for any hints and for those who are sitting it soon?
Lilly00
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by James26488)
Is anyone doing Higher Business Management and has sat the P & N prelims it would be much appreciated for any hints and for those who are sitting it soon?
Hi James, I have done my prelim, the marks that I lost were mostly because I used the wrong or missed out command words,
one major thing was that I never got told this but I did after the prelim that you need to relate to the case study throughout your questions in the section one area. For example if the question is on describe other sources of finance that the business could have used? Your answer would start of like the business has already used this and that but the other methods they could have approached that were..............

Leave extra 10min so that you can check there is no spelling mistakes because one spelling mistake can change your sentence completely I learned this after losing like 3 marks just because of stupid spelling mistake as it completely changed what I was saying and command words are vital in business higher if you forgetting use it no matter how correct and accurate your answer is you won't get the mark.

Last key thing is just study as much as you can!!
James26488
Rep:
(Original post by Lilly00)
Hi James, I have done my prelim, the marks that I lost were mostly because I used the wrong or missed out command words,
one major thing was that I never got told this but I did after the prelim that you need to relate to the case study throughout your questions in the section one area. For example if the question is on describe other sources of finance that the business could have used? Your answer would start of like the business has already used this and that but the other methods they could have approached that were..............

Leave extra 10min so that you can check there is no spelling mistakes because one spelling mistake can change your sentence completely I learned this after losing like 3 marks just because of stupid spelling mistake as it completely changed what I was saying and command words are vital in business higher if you forgetting use it no matter how correct and accurate your answer is you won't get the mark.

Last key thing is just study as much as you can!!
Was your paper the resource store Ltd any hints would be appericated thanks for the tips
Lilly00
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by James26488)
Was your paper the resource store Ltd any hints would be appericated thanks for the tips
Mine was on a charity not an ltd
James26488
Rep:
(Original post by Lilly00)
Mine was on a charity not an ltd
No I mean that was the company that produces the prelims for higher business management it's like P & N but for Business The resource store LTD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise