Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NCS?? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    okay well im not really sure about ncs and whether a job/volunteering would be better during the summer?
    but i also wanted to know how it worked, so basically if you're from the same area and you choose the same date and get accepted does that mean you're in the same group? or are there multiple groups on the same date?

thank youuu

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm321)
    okay well im not really sure about ncs and whether a job/volunteering would be better during the summer?
    but i also wanted to know how it worked, so basically if you're from the same area and you choose the same date and get accepted does that mean you're in the same group? or are there multiple groups on the same date?

thank youuu
    I did the NCS programme and it was really fun. It's also good for the CV and Personal Statement too. I'd choose NCS over a job since it's fun + it would have the same value as volunteering or a job. Plus you have other opportunities to volunteer or do a job.

If you choose the same dates you'd be in the same NCS "wave" which is basically lots of groups of people doing the same thing at the same time. But you get put into lots of smaller groups made up of around 9 people. These are dependant on the options you choose when you apply and what activity you put. You'll still have a lot of time with your whole wave but you do end up knowing your group better. It's easy to be put in the same wave, just choose the same time. To be in the same group you'd need to choose the same options or contact them but I think it's better if you don't because part of the experience is meeting new people.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by mm321)

thank youuu
    I would say it is definitely better during the summer, from what I seen if you are from the same area you should mostly be in the same group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knightchildish)
    I did the NCS programme and it was really fun. It's also good for the CV and Personal Statement too. I'd choose NCS over a job since it's fun + it would have the same value as volunteering or a job. Plus you have other opportunities to volunteer or do a job.

If you choose the same dates you'd be in the same NCS "wave" which is basically lots of groups of people doing the same thing at the same time. But you get put into lots of smaller groups made up of around 9 people. These are dependant on the options you choose when you apply and what activity you put. You'll still have a lot of time with your whole wave but you do end up knowing your group better. It's easy to be put in the same wave, just choose the same time. To be in the same group you'd need to choose the same options or contact them but I think it's better if you don't because part of the experience is meeting new people.
    hiii thank you so much erm i just wanted to know that if you were in the same "wave" would that mean you would travel and stuff at the same time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm321)
    hiii thank you so much erm i just wanted to know that if you were in the same "wave" would that mean you would travel and stuff at the same time
    Yeah it does. You get plenty of time to spend with your other mates e.g. during free times, on the coach but once you make new friends you'll spend just as much time with them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knightchildish)
    Yeah it does. You get plenty of time to spend with your other mates e.g. during free times, on the coach but once you make new friends you'll spend just as much time with them
    thank youuuu

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.