The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Is anyone else still waiting on an offer from LSBU for Nursing Sept 2017

I am still waiting, Feel free to discuss your LSBU application and other universities and get a discussion going, thanks

X

Scroll to see replies

Hey, I applied for there like not ago and they got back to me. I'm pretty sure you will hear back from them soon ! X
London
Reply 2
Original post by KateVincentx
Hey, I applied for there like not ago and they got back to me. I'm pretty sure you will hear back from them soon ! X

Hi KateVincentx, Thanks for replying :smile:

I applied in November 2016 been shortlisted to do the tests and passed and was successful at interview, I was wondering what was taking so long, I am impatient lol.

Which uni are you set on going to?
Original post by nelfran29
Hi KateVincentx, Thanks for replying :smile:

I applied in November 2016 been shortlisted to do the tests and passed and was successful at interview, I was wondering what was taking so long, I am impatient lol.

Which uni are you set on going to?

Did you do the test at south bank ? I have one there tomorrow and scared lol
Reply 4

Hey KateVincentx, Yes I did my tests at the main site in Southwark and my nursing interview was at Havering (Campus I have applied for)

Are you prepared for tomorrow?

South bank's sample tests are really good, i'm sure you have already taken a look brush up on your basic skills too, I'm sure you will be fine.

Let me know if you need anymore advice! :smile:
Hey KateVincentx, Yes I did my tests at the main site in Southwark and my nursing interview was at Havering (Campus I have applied for)

Are you prepared for tomorrow?

South bank's sample tests are really good, i'm sure you have already taken a look brush up on your basic skills too, I'm sure you will be fine.

Let me know if you need anymore advice! :smile:

Yea I've looked at the sample papers but I suck at maths though lol
Reply 6
Yea I've looked at the sample papers but I suck at maths though lol

Do your best and good luck. Maths is my weakness too but I didn't let that stop me. I've had many late nights on YouTube and google, many maths textbooks, BBC Bitesize too. It's been hard because I've had to go back to basics with simple maths like addition, subtraction, multiplication and division but it has helped massively. Let me know how it goes today, will be thinking of you. Use the time they give you wisely. You will be fine ok X
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7

Hi KateVincentx, How did your tests at London South Bank go today, what campus did you apply for?

I always find that a simple reflection after any interview or test helps you prepare better next time.
Loool mate I failed I know I did. The exam for me was hard I saw people leave within 3 minutes of the exam it started. I did it in the learning centre thing. No one was really social either but did meet people
Reply 9
Loool mate I failed I know I did. The exam for me was hard I saw people leave within 3 minutes of the exam it started. I did it in the learning centre thing. No one was really social either but did meet people

Hi KateVincentx, Was it computer based honey, did they tell you when they will let you know the result?

I find that a simple reflection helps it will help you with your maths revision, what do you think?

I find maths difficult as well but I have put a lot of time in revision it's the only way to feel comfortable and confident with numbers and understanding what the question is asking us to do. I hope you have done well enough even though you feel you haven't. Let me know how it goes you should hear fairly soon, I heard within 24 hours. Do you have any more interviews or tests to prepare for?
Yea was computer based and no they didn't . I have one next week I'm thinking not to go to it . I am just stressed out and frustrated. What's the chances of me passing any of it when I'm struggling to cope in uni right now in my last year . I have work due Friday and have not made a start
Reply 11
Yea was computer based and no they didn't . I have one next week I'm thinking not to go to it . I am just stressed out and frustrated. What's the chances of me passing any of it when I'm struggling to cope in uni right now in my last year . I have work due Friday and have not made a start

I understand how you feel and it sounds like your going through a lot but don't let stress define you as a person, speak to your tutor or a librarian or other students or other support services at uni that can help even if it means more late nights staying up to do your essay. What do you think?
Yea I will do. Thanks though x
Reply 13
Please comment if you have an interview at LSBU coming up?
2 days time has anyone had a interview any advice.? X
Reply 15
Original post by BrightSmile_:)

Hi BrightSmile_:smile:, As long as your passionate about Nursing and you have prepared as much as you can in terms of practicing your essay writing skills, maths and possible interview questions and answers you will be absolutely fine. Read over your personal statement again and remember why you applied for Nursing in the first place.

Also check your email from the uni if you got one or details on UCAS Track, to find out what the interview will involve. Is it a selection day event/ are you required to sit English and Maths assessments, is it traditional face to face interview or an MMI - Multiple Mini Interview a bit like speed dating.

Just be clear on what the day will involve then you will be fine darling rooting for you!!!

Last thing. Research current news in the media; crisis going on in hospitals and so on, be clear on your 6 c's know them inside out for example Courage - Having the courage to speak up for your patients and be an advocate in their care, make decisions on the best interests of patients and so on. NHS Values, NMC code, NHS constitution.

And finally good luck!
Reply 16

Hi BrightSmile_:smile:, Heres my second piece of advice hope this helps! In terms of interview preparation, I would say firstly relax and don't let your nerves define you as a person. Yes we are all humans and nerves are natural but go into your interview with enthusiasm and a clear open mind.

Easier said than done right! Well here's some news for you. My first interview was the hardest one because I didn't know what to expect but when I sat my literacy and numeracy test I did the best I could to the best of my knowledge and ability. That's all we can do right! When I got through to interview stage I was over the moon and I knew It wasn't over yet I still had to prove myself.

Depending on the course you have applied for, I would advise you to research the role of a nurse/ midwife/ ODP and know it enough to answer any question about the subject and use your transferable skills and personal qualities and skills. Research the specific skills, qualities and personality of your chosen career. Look at what's going in the media for instance shortage of beds in many hospitals at the moment what are the implications of this on patients/ staff, the local community for instance. Know your subject inside and out. They are not expecting you to be an expert but it's useful to know and understand the demands and pressures of a nurse/ midwife and so on.

Another thing every university is different some will adopt a traditional interview style/ group exercise or an MMI - multiple mini interview or selection days. It's useful to know which style you will have to attend. Think about the questions you might be asked and situations that you might encounter working in the healthcare environment. Youtube is a good source or Google for looking for common interview techniques or questions.

Good Luck :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi BrightSmile_:smile:, Hers my second piece of advice hope this helps! In terms of interview preparation, I would say firstly relax and don't let your nerves define you as a person. Yes we are all humans and nerves are natural but go into your interview with enthusiasm and a clear open mind.

Easier said than done right! Well here's some news for you. My first interview was the hardest one because I didn't know what to expect but when I sat my literacy and numeracy test I did the best I could to the best of my knowledge and ability. That's all we can do right! When I got through to interview stage I was over the moon and I knew It wasn't over yet I still had to prove myself.

Depending on the course you have applied for, I would advise you to research the role of a nurse/ midwife/ ODP and know it enough to answer any question about the subject and use your transferable skills and personal qualities and skills. Research the specific skills, qualities and personality of your chosen career. Look at what's going in the media for instance shortage of beds in many hospitals at the moment what are the implications of this on patients/ staff, the local community for instance. Know your subject inside and out. They are not expecting you to be an expert but it's useful to know and understand the demands and pressures of a nurse/ midwife and so on.

Another thing every university is different some will adopt a traditional interview style/ group exercise or an MMI - multiple mini interview or selection days. It's useful to know which style you will have to attend. Think about the questions you might be asked and situations that you might encounter working in the healthcare environment. Youtube is a good source or Google for looking for common interview techniques or questions.

Good Luck :smile:

Thank you so much so kind I have done a lot of research i with what issues the NHS is facing I also know about the 6cs i have practiced so many scenario questions because in my email I mentioned 'You will be asked a number of related questions to your chosen health care profession which will focus on realistic scenarios which health care professionals may need to manage within their working life' I still don't know if it is mmi, it was not mentioned.
All I know is it well be scenarios asked
Reply 18
Thank you so much so kind I have done a lot of research i with what issues the NHS is facing I also know about the 6cs i have practiced so many scenario questions because in my email I mentioned 'You will be asked a number of related questions to your chosen health care profession which will focus on realistic scenarios which health care professionals may need to manage within their working life' I still don't know if it is mmi, it was not mentioned.
All I know is it well be scenarios asked

Hi BrightSmile_:smile:, It doesn't mention MMI as such but it will be in MMI form you sound ready! Good luck fingers crossed let me know how it goes!!! :smile: I didn't prepare as much as you, I just researched the basics and went from there and I guess it shined through in my interview, you will be fine.

Also what campus did you apply for?
(edited 7 years ago)
Now its the wait that is killing me, i have no idea if i will get the offer i really am hoping to get the offer. I think it went well, i tried to stay confident, once i left the interview on my way home i felt good and then it gradually started to change from being good to regretting what i answered and how i could have said things differently. I guess we all can improve.

I HOPE I GET IT!!!

how long did it take them to get back to you, did you receive a offer?
during your interview how did you feel?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending