Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi sorry for getting back to you sooner.

The Occ health clearance is very straightforward. You will be asked to complete a health questionnaire which goes to the OH service and you are asked to take a form to your GP to get completed. If there are issues the OH team will discuss these with you to ensure that you are fit to go into practice and that you are not at risk.

There is also a form for your GP/practice nurse to complete , this is about the vaccinations that you have had. it helps identify the vaccinations that you require to ensure your safety whilst on the course.
    we advise that all students bring documentary evidence of MMR vaccinations when they start at University. In our previous experience many students have had vaccinations but do not bring their documentation with them for their appointments. As a result our Occupational Health Provider have had to screen a large number of students who are immune but have simply failed to take the time to get the documentation from their General Practitioner (GP).
    This delays your Occ health clearance and may impact on starting your placements a swe cant klet students out into practice if their immunisations are not up to date. this is to protect you.

As the course commences in September you have a great deal of time to get this all sorted so don't worry. You are getting anxious when you needn't

If you want to start the process you can.

You will find the documents here

http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/__data/assets/...nal-health.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nurseteacher)
    Hi sorry for getting back to you sooner.

The Occ health clearance is very straightforward. You will be asked to complete a health questionnaire which goes to the OH service and you are asked to take a form to your GP to get completed. If there are issues the OH team will discuss these with you to ensure that you are fit to go into practice and that you are not at risk.

There is also a form for your GP/practice nurse to complete , this is about the vaccinations that you have had. it helps identify the vaccinations that you require to ensure your safety whilst on the course.
    we advise that all students bring documentary evidence of MMR vaccinations when they start at University. In our previous experience many students have had vaccinations but do not bring their documentation with them for their appointments. As a result our Occupational Health Provider have had to screen a large number of students who are immune but have simply failed to take the time to get the documentation from their General Practitioner (GP).
    This delays your Occ health clearance and may impact on starting your placements a swe cant klet students out into practice if their immunisations are not up to date. this is to protect you.

As the course commences in September you have a great deal of time to get this all sorted so don't worry. You are getting anxious when you needn't

If you want to start the process you can.

You will find the documents here

http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/__data/assets/...nal-health.pdf
    Hi Nurseteacher I think I'm just too excited I will definitely leave it for 5 months, thanks so much for the information woo hoo!!!

ReputationRep:
    Dannie0 GOOD LUCK TODAY HONEY XX

ReputationRep:
    Yes that's the best thing you can do. Remember to smile and try engage with the interviewer. They want you to do well.
    Hi Nurseteacher ☺️ I had my interview and wasn't as bad as I thought so fingers crossed! Out of curiosity (I forgot to ask on the day) what is the likelihood of getting our first trust we have picked? Do you find a lot of people go for the same trusts making it difficult for everyone to get their first choice?
    Also what's the intake for adult nurses? Because for children's nursing it's very big isn't it?

Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dannie0)
    Hi Nurseteacher ☺️ I had my interview and wasn't as bad as I thought so fingers crossed! Out of curiosity (I forgot to ask on the day) what is the likelihood of getting our first trust we have picked? Do you find a lot of people go for the same trusts making it difficult for everyone to get their first choice?
    Also what's the intake for adult nurses? Because for children's nursing it's very big isn't it?

Thank you!!
    To be honest I can't give a figure as to the likelihood of getting your first choice hospital because it would depend on how many people want the same place.

For example we have approx 40 places at UCLH however if 100 students selected this 60 would be disappointed.

Adult has a slightly larger intake than children's. It has an intake of approx 300 and this is made up of approx 72 PGDips and 228 BSc. As we have two campuses we take about 100 -120 on our a Havering site and the rest go to Southwark. All of the PGDips go to Southwark.

As we have two UCAS codes one for havering and one for Southwark students have already self selected the campus they go to.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I can't give a figure as to the likelihood of getting your first choice hospital because it would depend on how many people want the same place.

For example we have approx 40 places at UCLH however if 100 students selected this 60 would be disappointed.

Adult has a slightly larger intake than children's. It has an intake of approx 300 and this is made up of approx 72 PGDips and 228 BSc. As we have two campuses we take about 100 -120 on our a Havering site and the rest go to Southwark. All of the PGDips go to Southwark.

As we have two UCAS codes one for havering and one for Southwark students have already self selected the campus they go to.
    Thank you for your help!! ☺️ Fingers crossed 🤞 lsbu is my first choice and I was really impressed with the labs yesterday!

ReputationRep:
    Glad you liked the labs and that we are your first choice. I assume you are looking at doing children's nursing?

ReputationRep:
    Glad you liked the labs and that we are your first choice. I assume you are looking at doing children's nursing?
    Adult nursing but I thought the intake would be bigger for children?! I'm surprised but glad they have loads of adult places too! The children's lab was really good as well, it's so life like and realistic! I'm really excited, I hope to hear back soon! ☺️

Yesterday, they checked my passport before the interview but I forgot to give them or they didn't ask for my photocopy of it and the declaration character form, is this something to worry about or will they contact me if I am successful for these? I was worried this morning when I noticed I didn't hand them in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dannie0)
    Adult nursing but I thought the intake would be bigger for children?! I'm surprised but glad they have loads of adult places too! The children's lab was really good as well, it's so life like and realistic! I'm really excited, I hope to hear back soon! ☺️

Yesterday, they checked my passport before the interview but I forgot to give them or they didn't ask for my photocopy of it and the declaration character form, is this something to worry about or will they contact me if I am successful for these? I was worried this morning when I noticed I didn't hand them in!

Glad you are choosing Adult, as an adult nurse I am biased but it's the best one to do.

Don't worry about the passport. We use it at interview to check that it is you. The admissions team will be in contact if the require anything and when you enrol they will check your passport and take copies.

I hope the outcome is positive and if so I look forward to meeting you in September.

ReputationRep:
    Glad you are choosing Adult, as an adult nurse I am biased but it's the best one to do.

Don't worry about the passport. We use it at interview to check that it is you. The admissions team will be in contact if the require anything and when you enrol they will check your passport and take copies.

I hope the outcome is positive and if so I look forward to meeting you in September.
    Thank you Nurseteacher ☺️ Some of my friends who have been given an offer, received an email first saying they was successful and they would like their documents to be sent over. Is this always the case before they update UCAS? I keep looking out for a track notification and I wasn't made aware of getting any emails before hand yesterday, they just said wait on track so I was wondering if it's the same for everyone

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

The admissions team are currently working through the offers and hopefully you will have notification soon.

We usually ask for documents if we need to check something. So don't worry.

If you haven't heard in the next couple of weeks contact me and I will check with admissions for you.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

The admissions team are currently working through the offers and hopefully you will have notification soon.

We usually ask for documents if we need to check something. So don't worry.

If you haven't heard in the next couple of weeks contact me and I will check with admissions for you.
    Thank you Nurseteacher ☺️ Fingers crossed 🤞

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseawall)
    Yeah i might call LSBU if i don't get any response soon, But just going to wait a little bit first.
    Although yesterday i got an invite to Greenwich to take some tests this weekend so i'm happy yet nervous for those!
    I really need to brush up on my maths!
    Hi, chelseawall, How did your tests at Greenwich go? When will you hear if you have passed/failed and invited to interview? Have you heard from or contacted LSBU yet? And I know how daunting Maths can be, with a little practice you will be fine, I found YouTube to be very helpful and a quiet area to keep going through what you find most difficult and so on. Where else did you apply to apart from LSBU and Greenwich?

Good Luck and let me know what happens

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nelfran29)
    Hi, chelseawall, How did your tests at Greenwich go? When will you hear if you have passed/failed and invited to interview? Have you heard from or contacted LSBU yet? And I know how daunting Maths can be, with a little practice you will be fine, I found YouTube to be very helpful and a quiet area to keep going through what you find most difficult and so on. Where else did you apply to apart from LSBU and Greenwich?

Good Luck and let me know what happens
    Hi,
    I just found out today that i passed the English but failed the maths by 1 or 2 points so i am going back again next Friday to resit the maths but after that then that's it. I don't know if any other uni's let you resit another time but Greenwich does luckily for me.. so hopefully 2nd time lucky but i don't know.

I have heard nothing from LSBU but probably going to give it 1/2 weeks more as i know it takes awhile, especially as they are busy.
    I also applied to Anglia ruskin but still nothing from them either

Ok thanks , i will definitely have a look on youtube

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseawall)
    Hi,
    I just found out today that i passed the English but failed the maths by 1 or 2 points so i am going back again next Friday to resit the maths but after that then that's it. I don't know if any other uni's let you resit another time but Greenwich does luckily for me.. so hopefully 2nd time lucky but i don't know.

I have heard nothing from LSBU but probably going to give it 1/2 weeks more as i know it takes awhile, especially as they are busy.
    I also applied to Anglia ruskin but still nothing from them either

Ok thanks , i will definitely have a look on youtube
    Hi, chelseawall, I hope you do better on your second attempt at Maths, YouTube is really great, simply type the topic you find difficult and find methods you can use to help you get to the correct answer. I hope you did some form of reflection and remembered the type of questions you got, you can re-look this area and get practicing. Make sure you go over the basics such as percentages, decimals, fractions, ratio, probability, speed/time/distance, also metric measurements and conversions, they might throw in converting g to mg/ cm to m/ l to ml and so on. Let me know how it goes, I hope you hear from LSBU and Anglia Ruskin. For a peace of mind, it doesn't hurt phoning to find out what their process is for late applicants regardless if they have looked at your application or not. Wouldn't want you forgotten about

Good luck let us know how it goes

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview on 6.3.17 and still waiting! LSBU is my first choice so hoping I get accepted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookii124)
    I had my interview on 6.3.17 and still waiting! LSBU is my first choice so hoping I get accepted!
    Hey, Congrats on being interviewed with LSBU, you should hear soon, Fingers crossed you get in, let us know the result

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nelfran29)
    Hi, chelseawall, I hope you do better on your second attempt at Maths, YouTube is really great, simply type the topic you find difficult and find methods you can use to help you get to the correct answer. I hope you did some form of reflection and remembered the type of questions you got, you can re-look this area and get practicing. Make sure you go over the basics such as percentages, decimals, fractions, ratio, probability, speed/time/distance, also metric measurements and conversions, they might throw in converting g to mg/ cm to m/ l to ml and so on. Let me know how it goes, I hope you hear from LSBU and Anglia Ruskin. For a peace of mind, it doesn't hurt phoning to find out what their process is for late applicants regardless if they have looked at your application or not. Wouldn't want you forgotten about

Good luck let us know how it goes
    My plan is to practice a different topic each day as I have a week and then keep looking back briefly at topics , I think it's the nerves in the day that actually get to me , everything just seems to fly out of my head.
    But thanks for the advice anyways , just have to hope and do as best as I can x

ReputationRep:
    hi i got my offer for childrens nursing at LSBU, its a conditional offer due to the DBS which is not a problem. if your struggling with nerves for the tests i found it very useful to read through all the questions before actually answering any and then you may find one can help you with another. Good luck i hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luton14)
    hi i got my offer for childrens nursing at LSBU, its a conditional offer due to the DBS which is not a problem. if your struggling with nerves for the tests i found it very useful to read through all the questions before actually answering any and then you may find one can help you with another. Good luck i hope this helps
    Hey @luton14, How comes you received a conditional offer due to DBS? I thought conditional offers were for people who had grades pending or something? I received an unconditional offer and still need to apply for a DBS and sort out occupational health for that matter in time for the Sept 2017 start date, I am thinking maybe children's nursing is different since I applied for Adult

Congrats on your offer for Children's Nursing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.