Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseawall)
    My plan is to practice a different topic each day as I have a week and then keep looking back briefly at topics , I think it's the nerves in the day that actually get to me , everything just seems to fly out of my head.
    But thanks for the advice anyways , just have to hope and do as best as I can x
    Hi chelseawall, That's a great plan and you will be fine, don't rush take your time, in my maths exam at LSBU, I just kept telling myself, regardless of the nerves I feel, I really want this I have to leave here with nothing less than a pass, you done well the first time just need to push yourself, push out those nerves you can do this, let me know how it goes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nelfran29)
    Hey @luton14, How comes you received a conditional offer due to DBS? I thought conditional offers were for people who had grades pending or something? I received an unconditional offer and still need to apply for a DBS and sort out occupational health for that matter in time for the Sept 2017 start date, I am thinking maybe children's nursing is different since I applied for Adult

Congrats on your offer for Children's Nursing
    Well done on the offer. Children's nursing is a very good course and we use some of the best children's hospitals in the world for clinical placements.

All offers made by LSBU will require candidates to have a DBS conducted. If anything shows up a panel made up of academic and hospital staff will then decide if the issue highlighted will impact on the students career and whether the NMC would allow the person to register. If the panel decide that the issue would/could impact on the NMC code for nursing the offer is withdrawn.

Therefore all offers are conditional on a DBS being undertaken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nurseteacher)
    Well done on the offer. Children's nursing is a very good course and we use some of the best children's hospitals in the world for clinical placements.

All offers made by LSBU will require candidates to have a DBS conducted. If anything shows up a panel made up of academic and hospital staff will then decide if the issue highlighted will impact on the students career and whether the NMC would allow the person to register. If the panel decide that the issue would/could impact on the NMC code for nursing the offer is withdrawn.

Therefore all offers are conditional on a DBS being undertaken.
    Nurseteacher Thanks so much for this clarification even at the weekend your amazing replying to us

Will be waiting patiently for info from LSBU...in the meantime

ReputationRep:
    Nurseteacher Thanks so much for this clarification even at the weekend your amazing replying to us

Will be waiting patiently for info from LSBU...in the meantime
    Glad to help. I know how daunting the process is as my sons have gone through it and I know the wait is stressful so if I can help in anyway I will.

With regards information for the course don't worry as we are coming to the end of this UCAS cycle. We hope to have made all offers by the end of March. We will then ensure that all offer holders are provided with the information they need and we will invite them to an offer holders day where we can answer any questions and clarify any queries people may have.

ReputationRep:
    Hey @luton14, How comes you received a conditional offer due to DBS? I thought conditional offers were for people who had grades pending or something? I received an unconditional offer and still need to apply for a DBS and sort out occupational health for that matter in time for the Sept 2017 start date, I am thinking maybe children's nursing is different since I applied for Adult

Congrats on your offer for Children's Nursing
    sorry I meant a SVQ at work :erm: haha its been a crazy few weeks. ive done my DBS no its the same I think, congrats on your too!! :clap2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nurseteacher)
    Glad to help. I know how daunting the process is as my sons have gone through it and I know the wait is stressful so if I can help in anyway I will.

With regards information for the course don't worry as we are coming to the end of this UCAS cycle. We hope to have made all offers by the end of March. We will then ensure that all offer holders are provided with the information they need and we will invite them to an offer holders day where we can answer any questions and clarify any queries people may have.
    Nurseteacher Thanks so much for this information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luton14)
    sorry I meant a SVQ at work :erm: haha its been a crazy few weeks. ive done my DBS no its the same I think, congrats on your too!! :clap2:
    Hey luton14 I am still waiting on information from the university, in terms or when to and how to apply for the DBS I believe all children's nurses are at Southwark Good Luck on your studies at LSBU

ReputationRep:
    Currently really upset and on the verge of tears

Just had an email telling me to check my UCAS Track for updates and it had changed to LSBU being unsuccessful, I don't really understand why unless the course is full.

So this now means i only have one choice left that i am waiting to hear from

I know its not the end. But it feels like it to me right now

ReputationRep:
    Hey, Cookii124 any news from LSBU yet?

ReputationRep:

Just had an email telling me to check my UCAS Track for updates and it had changed to LSBU being unsuccessful, I don't really understand why unless the course is full.

Hey chelseawall I am so sorry to hear about your news , you can ask for feedback and find out why.

So were you at least invited to tests or were you just unsuccessful at application stage at LSBU?

Did you find out the process for late nursing applications in the end at LSBU?

How did your maths resit go at Greenwich?

Have you heard from Anglia Ruskin yet?

Also the course might be full but I'm sure you can find out, is there any reason on UCAS Track? Double check

My rejections had a little reason I still went back to them for clarification and I received a generic unsuccessful email feedback response which wasn't personal to my situation or anything, simply the same email they send to rejectees.

I know how your feeling it's horrible, hang in there I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I got an unconditional offer from LBSU two weeks ago! I am so happy as it was my first choice! I have accepted the offer and currently waiting on my DBS to be approved!!

ReputationRep:

Sorry to hear that. However on the up side at my interview stage they said that if you were unsuccessful then please get in touch and ask them why. So this is always an idea as I'm sure it would have been something small and maybe you can try and change there minds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookii124)
    Hey,

I got an unconditional offer from LBSU two weeks ago! I am so happy as it was my first choice! I have accepted the offer and currently waiting on my DBS to be approved!!

Hi Cookii124, Congratulations on your unconditional offer you are the second person to tell me something about DBS being approved, I haven't been asked to do anything like that yet, I received my unconditional offer about a month ago now but wasn't advised to complete any DBS documents. I've also spoke a nurse lecturer who also confirms that we should be contacted nearer the time to apply for the DBS. So I'm a little confused about that. My offer is subject to DBS but I wasn't told to complete the form online or anything like that, so maybe I missed something. What do you think? Were you asked to complete that form?

ReputationRep:
    Hey chelseawall I am so sorry to hear about your news , you can ask for feedback and find out why.

So were you at least invited to tests or were you just unsuccessful at application stage at LSBU?

Did you find out the process for late nursing applications in the end at LSBU?

How did your maths resit go at Greenwich?

Have you heard from Anglia Ruskin yet?

Also the course might be full but I'm sure you can find out, is there any reason on UCAS Track? Double check

My rejections had a little reason I still went back to them for clarification and I received a generic unsuccessful email feedback response which wasn't personal to my situation or anything, simply the same email they send to rejectees.

I know how your feeling it's horrible, hang in there I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation.

Unsuccessful at the application stage, Didn't even go for tests.
    No but i had been told they just process them in the order that they are sent in roughly. On my UCAS it just says unsuccessful and this may be because the course is full but does not give an actual reason.
    But as the cookii says below i may have to get in contact with them and perhaps ask why.

I did my maths again at Greenwich but failed
    I still have Anglia Ruskin, sent my documents a couple of weeks ago but not heard anything yet, Just being patient though as they have been slow through the whole thing so far.

(Original post by Cookii124)
    Sorry to hear that. However on the up side at my interview stage they said that if you were unsuccessful then please get in touch and ask them why. So this is always an idea as I'm sure it would have been something small and maybe you can try and change there minds.
    Yes i think i will do that! Do you think an email would be good enough? or would it be best to call?

ReputationRep:
    Unsuccessful at the application stage, Didn't even go for tests.
    No but i had been told they just process them in the order that they are sent in roughly. On my UCAS it just says unsuccessful and this may be because the course is full but does not give an actual reason.
    But as the cookii says below i may have to get in contact with them and perhaps ask why.

I did my maths again at Greenwich but failed
    I still have Anglia Ruskin, sent my documents a couple of weeks ago but not heard anything yet, Just being patient though as they have been slow through the whole thing so far.

Yes i think i will do that! Do you think an email would be good enough? or would it be best to call?
    Call admissions and ask which email address to send it to ok honey and ask for feedback and find out why you were unsuccessful. It's hard to believe the course is full to be honest and I don't know how they process late applications that's the things so it could be for a number of reasons especially as some courses are through extras and clearing

I sent my documents to Anglia Ruskin and they still rejected me at application so good luck honey

ReputationRep:
    Call admissions and ask which email address to send it to ok honey and ask for feedback and find out why you were unsuccessful. It's hard to believe the course is full to be honest and I don't know how they process late applications that's the things so it could be for a number of reasons especially as some courses are through extras and clearing

I sent my documents to Anglia Ruskin and they still rejected me at application so good luck honey
    Ok that's what i will do , Hopefully something good can come out of it.
    Oh dear, I'm hoping and praying that i can at least get to test/interview to prove myself!

Thanks for all your advice , I appreciate it
    If anything good happens (or bad) i will probably post again to update you lol

ReputationRep:
    Ok that's what i will do , Hopefully something good can come out of it.
    Oh dear, I'm hoping and praying that i can at least get to test/interview to prove myself!

Thanks for all your advice , I appreciate it
    If anything good happens (or bad) i will probably post again to update you lol
    It's no problem I hope it goes your way I can see how passionate you are you can do this xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hey luton14 I am still waiting on information from the university, in terms or when to and how to apply for the DBS I believe all children's nurses are at Southwark Good Luck on your studies at LSBU
    The DBS information is on your offer page on UCAS, it has an online link and you have to take your documents to the uni to get them verified hope this helps.

ReputationRep:

hope everything goes okay, 4 out of 5 of mine said no and I had to wait for the last one which I got. 3 of my unis filled up really quick and said no so its not necessarily anything you've done wrong. you still have one left

ReputationRep:
    Nurseteacher Thank you very much, another thing about occupational health it says on the LSBU website that students have to see their doctor for screening tests, and they have to complete the forms which we need for our occupational health appointment, I worry because it's so hard to get an appointment with the doctor you have to book in advance. I know the course doesn't start until Sept 2017, but I like to be organised and know what to expect in preparation for my course. I'm probably worrying over nothing.
    Hi, I have an offer for radiography at Southbank but there doesn't seem to be any radiography threads for lsbu so I was just reading this thread and saw your message. I work in a GP surgery so thought I'd let you know that you probably won't need an appointment to get your occupational health form completed, you should be able to just drop it in to reception and they will pass it on to a nurse or GP to complete it from your notes. There is normally a charge, my surgery charge £20 but all surgeries set their own charges. It will probably take a couple of weeks to complete. Hope this helps x

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.