The Student Room Group

Residential?

I have the option of residential treatment and i'm not sure about it. I was wondering if anybody could offer any experience or advice to help me make a decision.
It's through insurance so it will be at a private hospital, not the nhs.
Original post by Anonymous
I have the option of residential treatment and i'm not sure about it. I was wondering if anybody could offer any experience or advice to help me make a decision.
It's through insurance so it will be at a private hospital, not the nhs.

It honestly really depends on you. Have you had experience with inpatients before? And what sort of rules they have? It is very very different. I was residential and absolutely hated it. I spent 9 months of my life doing nothing, fighting every day to get out. I was also in a private hospital. (Cygnet to be specific). But honestly it reallyy does depends. Making pros and cons as to residential vs in the community. I have found in my experience that I actually got more help in the community.
Reply 2
I had residential/inpatient treatment for Anorexia Nervosa and I think it genuinely saved my life. Of course it depends on the nature of your illness and how you respond to different types of treatment. But it can't hurt to try. Especially if you're in a bad place. Hope things look up for you x

Quick Reply

Latest