Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm never getting on a bus again. How do people do it? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I travelled on a bus today, for the first time in my life, to see a friend. There was no train route, and a cab would have taken too long. I reluctantly got on the bus, with complete weirdos.

The seats had an ugly pattern and I dreaded thinking who else had sat on them and what their hygiene was like. The other passengers were a mixture of loud, inconsiderate, unfashionable, fat, ugly and just stupid. People got on and off at every single stop, despite some stops being about thirty foot away from each other. People were faffing about with change; why can't they get this or their bus card/app ready before they actually get on the bus? The bus was dirty, had litter and graffiti everywhere and was cold. There were chavs playing awful music, shouting and taking up too many seats. I'm never getting on a bus again; how do people do this everyday?

ReputationRep:
    Meh, they're not that bad in my experience

ReputationRep:
    Not all bus journeys are the same. Allso pattern on the seats usually varies between regions, since some regions are operated by different bus companies.

I like bus journeys, since the seats are very comfortable, depending on the route I take there will hardly be any disturbance, free wifi and great scenery at times (in Nottingham that is, and sometimes in Swansea).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    I travelled on a bus today, for the first time in my life, to see a friend. There was no train route, and a cab would have taken too long. I reluctantly got on the bus, with complete weirdos.

The seats had an ugly pattern and I dreaded thinking who else had sat on them and what their hygiene was like. The other passengers were a mixture of loud, inconsiderate, unfashionable, fat, ugly and just stupid. People got on and off at every single stop, despite some stops being about thirty foot away from each other. People were faffing about with change; why can't they get this or their bus card/app ready before they actually get on the bus? The bus was dirty, had litter and graffiti everywhere and was cold. There were chavs playing awful music, shouting and taking up too many seats. I'm never getting on a bus again; how do people do this everyday?
    buses are not bad. I repeat: they are NOT BAD.

it just matters about the people who are on it. and there is a reason for why there are stops: so people can get on and off it. just deal with it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    You need to get yourself a driver; leave the awful proletariat to their buses :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    The other passengers were a mixture of loud, inconsiderate, unfashionable, fat, ugly and just stupid.
    how rude can you get?

ReputationRep:

Sorry that the transport us peasants use isn't good enough for you, next time get daddy to get you an uber.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by knightchildish)
    Sorry that the transport us peasants use isn't good enough for you, next time get daddy to get you an uber.
    nicely done, mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    You need to get yourself a driver; leave the awful proletariat to their buses :afraid:
    I have one, but it was a situation where the bus would have been 'faster', as it was a very unplanned journey.

(Original post by knightchildish)
    As above. There was someone on the bus called Courtney who was arguing with some other chav about who owed who the McDonald's meal they were about to have.

(Original post by nstar12)
    how rude can you get?
    I used my eyes; it's not my fault if the truth is 'rude'.

ReputationRep:
    It IS public transport, and it depends on the area- what did you expect anyway?
    Im indifferent- i'll be using the bus for a long time so mightaswell get used to it.

Edit: I think you're a bit too sensitive

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been on a peasant wagon for ages but they're not that bad you know.

My only problem with them is children and mothers (predominantly) who can't control their "perfect little jimmy", even when he was kicking the seat of an elderly lady.

I have a solution for you OP - GET A CAR!
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

It's ugly to distract you because of how unhygienic it is. I don't hate buses but don't need to take them constantly, not every bus journey is the same tbh. Sometimes you get some great gossip about Jimmy and Catrina up the tree.

ReputationRep:
    I often wonder if some TSR users are actually people...

ReputationRep:
    Every experience I've had with buses hasn't been great... Mostly because they're never actually there and I've been waiting in the cold for 45 minutes for an every ten minute bus service..
    I'm more of a train person anyway

ReputationRep:
    As above. There was someone on the bus called Courtney who was arguing with some other chav about who owed who the McDonald's meal they were about to have.
    God you're annoying. That's what the real world is like. Get used to it.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, the out of touch children living off daddy's money. This is what us 'peasants' travel on our whole life. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling!!!!!! I only use buses in my hometown but even then very rarely. I tend to put headphones in and shut myself off from the world for the journey.

ReputationRep:
    > headphones in
    > no problems.

ReputationRep:
    Surprised you could fit in the bus with that large sense of entitlement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    > headphones in
    > no problems.
    My headphones did not stop the graffiti and litter, knowing the seats were unclean and the bus repeatedly stopping and starting because of people who couldn't possibly walk thirty feet.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.