Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm never getting on a bus again. How do people do it? Watch

ReputationRep:
    That all sounds like a you problem.

"dreaded thinking about who sat there before" - unless you're at home that is true for any seat anywhere.

The rest of that nonsense is just you being annoyed by a grouping of people. How do you spend time in any crowed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    My headphones did not stop the graffiti and litter, knowing the seats were unclean and the bus repeatedly stopping and starting because of people who couldn't possibly walk thirty feet.
    What time did you get on?

It also heavily depends on which route the bus takes...

I only travel to and from work, so it's not a big deal at all.

No screaming kids, no push chairs, no chavs, just working people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    What time did you get on?

It also heavily depends on which route the bus takes...

I only travel to and from work, so it's not a big deal at all.

No screaming kids, no push chairs, no chavs, just working people.
    I got on at 4pm, so peak time for kids going home, and chavs who have nothing better to do. I don't think I'll take another bus journey; at least on trains there's a first class carriage and everyone is quiet, plus everything is clean.

ReputationRep:
    My headphones did not stop the graffiti and litter, knowing the seats were unclean and the bus repeatedly stopping and starting because of people who couldn't possibly walk thirty feet.
    Walk then or get a car

ReputationRep:
    I got on at 4pm, so peak time for kids going home, and chavs who have nothing better to do. I don't think I'll take another bus journey; at least on trains there's a first class carriage and everyone is quiet, plus everything is clean.
    RIP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Walk then or get a car
    I always do, but this was an unexpected, time-dependent journey and the bus was right there. Never again; I'll risk being late if something like this happens again.

ReputationRep:
    Use Uber cars. Download Uber app on your phone and you can order a Uber driver whenever you like.

ReputationRep:
    Where did this awful working class experience take place?

ReputationRep:
    If I may, might I suggest headphones? I have pretty bad anxiety especially with buses, but I can tune it out by focusing on my music. Perchance something similar might aid you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    Where did this awful working class experience take place?
    Somewhere in South East England. This experience will never be repeated.

(Original post by SkyRees)
    If I may, might I suggest headphones? I have pretty bad anxiety especially with buses, but I can tune it out by focusing on my music. Perchance something similar might aid you?
    I had headphones in for the second half of the journey. Thery still didn't blot out the mess, unhygienic and uncomfortable seats, and the bus constantly stopping and starting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeYou2Night)
    I haven't been on a peasant wagon for ages but they're not that bad you know.!
    Lmao!

ReputationRep:
    I think anyone who watched tonight's eastenders would also agree :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Well, look on the bright side. At least it was in the South.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    > headphones in
    > no problems.
    A-are you trying to greentext friendo?

ReputationRep:
    I travelled on a bus today, for the first time in my life, to see a friend. There was no train route, and a cab would have taken too long. I reluctantly got on the bus, with complete weirdos.

The seats had an ugly pattern and I dreaded thinking who else had sat on them and what their hygiene was like. The other passengers were a mixture of loud, inconsiderate, unfashionable, fat, ugly and just stupid. People got on and off at every single stop, despite some stops being about thirty foot away from each other. People were faffing about with change; why can't they get this or their bus card/app ready before they actually get on the bus? The bus was dirty, had litter and graffiti everywhere and was cold. There were chavs playing awful music, shouting and taking up too many seats. I'm never getting on a bus again; how do people do this everyday?
    WELL ARENT YOU A RICH SPECIAL COOKIE?

People get buses out of necessity and its pretty ridiculous that you're judging everyone on the bus as ugly and stupid. If you're so great then you should have just waited for the taxi or hire a chauffeur whatever you stuck up ****s do

ReputationRep:

I had headphones in for the second half of the journey. Thery still didn't blot out the mess, unhygienic and uncomfortable seats, and the bus constantly stopping and starting.
    For what it's worth I'm in the South East as well. I think that's more a matter of just the wrong bus, I can't imagine all of them being that bad. Maybe ours here in Crawley just aren't that bad hygienewise.

Idk man, best of luck to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by potassiumnitrate)
    WELL ARENT YOU A RICH SPECIAL COOKIE?

People get buses out of necessity and its pretty ridiculous that you're judging everyone on the bus as ugly and stupid. If you're so great then you should have just waited for the taxi or hire a chauffeur whatever you stuck up ****s do
    I do think it's unfair that middle class people who have just by accident of circumstance have ended up having to use the bus, have to share with the proles and underclass.

An idea could be that Waitrose could supply their own minibuses or something for cardholders. Or maybe a horse that you could ride from place to place like a Boris bike.

ReputationRep:
    OP, you're weird

ReputationRep:
    An idea could be that Waitrose could supply their own minibuses or something for cardholders.
    Now we're talking. They could have a cup holder for each seat for the current free coffee for cardholders, and enough room to read the free newspaper properly.

ReputationRep:
    I do think it's unfair that middle class people who have just by accident of circumstance have ended up having to use the bus, have to share with the proles and underclass.

An idea could be that Waitrose could supply their own minibuses or something for cardholders. Or maybe a horse that you could ride from place to place like a Boris bike.
    Waitrose? I think you'll find OP is above that peasantry and he's waiting for Harrod's to expand across the UK for a tuk tuk service

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.