Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah. because all men are evil pigs and automatically want to hit on/have sex with you. There's no chance that he just wanted to make conversation with you.
    Oh and by the way your post makes you sound pretentious and entitled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sherlockfan)
    I've seen threads made about more trivial issues. If you don't like it, get out.
    This isn't an issue at all.

ReputationRep:
    He clearly didn't do anything wrong, odd thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kravence)
    This isn't unusual behavior because
    1. just because you think you're unattractive doesn't mean he thinks the same lol
    2. people have recommended guys to go up to girls in the library for some reason. probably because you can't run away
    1. I am objectively unattractive, there's no denying it and he probably could have found a better looking girl than me without looking too far, that's what's so weird about it

2.yeah I've read that advice on here before, though I'm not sure why people think it's a good idea. Libraries are meant to be places of peace and study, not where you go to flirt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andywong99)
    Oh yeah. because all men are evil pigs and automatically want to hit on/have sex with you. There's no chance that he just wanted to make conversation with you.
    Oh and by the way your post makes you sound pretentious and entitled.
    Did I say that? No I don't think I did.
    I couldn't care less what you think. I'm entitled to read in a library without being disturbed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    damn, how high is your pedestal, princess? you take yourself seriously to the extent that you are offended when a guy is trying to basically express his attraction to you? what is it with girls? why is it okay to be so goddamn rude when people do nice things for you? unbelievable. do you react like this when you get lame presents from family members at christmas too? "the thought that counts" only applies selectively I take it. really, you need to get your head out of your behind and take yourself less seriously or you are really going to hate life when your standards of entitlement are this high. you're forgetting that you're merely one girl out of many yet you treat this poor ******* like he's not even worth the time to tell you that he likes you (essentially)? you must be such a miserable ****ing girl.
    Lol yet another guy with teeny tiny self esteem. I don't think I was the rude one in this situation. I respect people's personal spaces and I expect others to do the same. Why would I want a guy to 'express his attraction to me', as you put it, in a library? And what on earth has this got to do with presents?

ReputationRep:
    Lol yet another guy with teeny tiny self esteem. I don't think I was the rude one in this situation. I respect people's personal spaces and I expect others to do the same. Why would I want a guy to 'express his attraction to me', as you put it, in a library? And what on earth has this got to do with presents?
    Talking to someone is not disrespecting their personal space. Unless he was right next to you or in physical contact with you, stop complaining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    I bet if he was hot you wouldn't be calling him creepy
    Anyway, he tried having a conversation about Harry Potter books to you in a library, that's as nerdy as it can get. Annoying, yes, (if you want to be left alone), but not creepy. You're acting like some guy tried chatting you up in a dark alleyway or something lmao
    See post number 9.

ReputationRep:
    Did I say that? No I don't think I did.
    I couldn't care less what you think. I'm entitled to read in a library without being disturbed.
    You're not entitled to everyone ignoring you. You're entitled to them leaving you alone if you make it clear you want them to, which this guy did. Ergo, there is not a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    Let's get real, there was only one issue here, and it wasn't anything to do with the library.

You didn't fancy the dude; ergo he's creepy and desperate.

If it had been Benedict coming up to you in the library, presumably it would be a whirlwind of romance, and just the thing you'd expect from a sensitive, intellectual man- rather than the tacky experience of a horrid club or bar.
    Sucks to be ugly bro. Maybe you can get rich?

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to be so quick to jump to conclusions as some others on this thread - I completely get that it might be a bit uncomfortable to be approached by a stranger, especially if they're older and might've invaded your personal space. Without being there ourselves, we can't know exactly what the situation was like. Obviously it can't have just been a casual conversation in a library because otherwise the OP wouldn't have started a thread about it, right?

ReputationRep:
    The number of guys that think it is their right to bother other people...

ReputationRep:
    I don't have tiny self-esteem, I'm saying you're probably a needlessly egotistical cow who has nothing to justify her huge ego with. you even said you were unattractive in another post.
    there's a difference between calling *you* out for being out of touch with your own insignificance and *my* self-esteem. my self-esteem is fine. yours is just warped. a lot of ugly girls these days tend to have these fat heads like yours for absolutely no reason - I think it's probably a coping mechanism that gets them through life without getting depression

1) "personal spaces"? so when exactly is a guy allowed to hit on a girl?
    2) oh give me a break darling he didn't sabotage your entire library day. are you saying that people are NEVER allowed to speak to others within a library? and the example of presents was a comparison of the logics involved her (i.e. you don't recognise that It was the thought that counted) - did you really not understand that? woooww. lol keep up pls.
    You're just a mysogynistic pig who isn't getting any and you take out your sexual frustration by insulting me. You're probably fat and ugly yourself and you're just projecting that on me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    This!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DziNe)
    You're not entitled to everyone ignoring you. You're entitled to them leaving you alone if you make it clear you want them to, which this guy did. Ergo, there is not a problem.
    But why should I have to be put through the discomfort of having to tell a guy to leave me alone in the first place?

ReputationRep:
    What personal space? Do you own the library? You're entitled to your 3 cm or w/e it is people consider acceptable, if you don't like being spoken to go be anti social in your room.

ReputationRep:
    Couples decades ago, girls used to help aid men in the war and were busy fighting for their right to vote. These days, girls get triggered when asked if they read harry potter. She sounds like a feminist tbh

ReputationRep:
    But why should I have to be put through the discomfort of having to tell a guy to leave me alone in the first place?
    a) you didn't tell him to, he spoke three sentences to you and realised you didn't want to talk, then left
    b) you're sat in a public place. Libraries are not your bedroom

ReputationRep:
    . a lot of ugly girls these days tend to have these fat heads like yours for absolutely no reason - I think it's probably a coping mechanism that gets them through life
    Yeah, because god forbid that a girl might have good self-esteem if she's not attractive... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    it's not right to bother people
    but she is essentially interpreting acts of kindness as "bothering"
    which really tells you what kind of person she is, honestly
    I mean, it would be different if it was persistent, but obviously it wasn't, it was clearly a rather innocent act of kindness. and she blew it off because her personality isn't probably disgusting.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.