Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Would I be able to apply to Uni with ABB predicted at A LEVELS(Sociology Business Mathematics)
    Also I have GCSE in Mathematics, RE, Core and Additional Science and English Literature at Grade A and Grade C in English Language
    My Univeristy states the entry requirements are a C in Mathematics and English Language

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OPSilentSlayer)
    Would I be able to apply to Uni with ABB at A LEVELS(Sociology Business Mathematics)
    Also I have GCSE in Mathematics, RE, Core and Additional Science and English Literature at Grade A and Grade C in English Language
    My Univeristy states the entry requirements are a C in Mathematics and English Language
    What makes you think you can't apply?
    What do you want to study?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I forgot to state the A levels were my predicted grades
    I was just wondering because most people have more GCSE'S
    I'm looking to do a Business and Management Degree

ReputationRep:
    Dont think the number of GCSEs matter that much if you have maths and english,

If you satisfy the entry requirements with your predicted grades then you'll probably get the offer (probably)

ReputationRep:
    I mean, you might be seen unfavourably compared to people with, say, 11. Don't go applying for Oxbridge or something, but of the myriad of universities in Britain I'm sure you can get into one of them.

I don't know if this is still true, but from what I understand, GCSEs are only one factor and they're mainly just used when two applicants are tied in shortlisting.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I won't be applying to those Universities
    I'm looking to apply to Winchester or Chichester Univeristy as I live close to them
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You need to start looking at Uni websites and seeing what grades/subjects and GCSES they want for the subject you are interested in (they will all be different).

And you need to read these two articles from TSR ;

How to Avoid 5 Rejections : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/con...ity-rejections

What to Study at Uni : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/con...-what-to-study

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    I have its just I'm wondering about my GCSE'S to see if they're okay and because some univeristies don't state any GCSE requiremnts apart from Maths and English

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkyRees)
    I don't know if this is still true, but from what I understand, GCSEs are only one factor and they're mainly just used when two applicants are tied in shortlisting.
    Not true.

If a Uni states it wants '5 GCSEs including A in Maths and B in Biology or Chemistry' that is what they mean. If you don't have that, you will get a straight rejection.

Read the requirements carefully - Universities state clearly what they want, and if you apply without it you make the admissions tutor's job really easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by potassiumnitrate)

If you satisfy the entry requirements with your predicted grades then you'll probably get the offer (probably)
    This isnt true either.

If you meet the entry requirements for both A levels etc and GCSEs, your Personal Statement will then be read. THAT is what will determine if you get an offer or not. Just having the required grades is not enough.

ReputationRep:
    Would I be able to apply to Uni with ABB predicted at A LEVELS(Sociology Business Mathematics)
    You can apply then if you meet their minimum entry requirements.

ReputationRep:
    I have checked the requirements and they only state at least grade C in maths and English

ReputationRep:
    Oh thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I won't be applying to those Universities
    I'm looking to apply to Winchester or Chichester Univeristy as I live close to them
    Thanks
    My friend got into Chichester with literally no GCSEs except English Literature (C). You'll do fine especially with those predicted grades. Conversely last year I got in with A*ABB. Really, they take pretty much anyone that can prove they have a passion for their course. Kind of respect that.

(Original post by returnmigrant)
    Not true.

If a Uni states it wants '5 GCSEs including A in Maths and B in Biology or Chemistry' that is what they mean. If you don't have that, you will get a straight rejection.

Read the requirements carefully - Universities state clearly what they want, and if you apply without it you make the admissions tutor's job really easy.
    Was thinking more when they don't state the 5 Cs, but aye, the correction is much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Your friend is indeed lucky
    Yes I do have a genuine interest for my degree I wish to do
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    This isnt true either.

If you meet the entry requirements for both A levels etc and GCSEs, your Personal Statement will then be read. THAT is what will determine if you get an offer or not. Just having the required grades is not enough.
    If you read my original statement then you should notice that I said probably twice to emphasize that point. Also I think you've overweighted the personal statement. It is read and it is considered but its not always the deciding factor.

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Your friend is indeed lucky
    Yes I do have a genuine interest for my degree I wish to do
    Thanks
    And got in through Clearing through just a phone call I might add. Honestly, your chances at Chichester I would wager are pretty good. Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    Many thanks for the support
    Hopefully it will be good and I achieve the grades for A levels

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.