Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What happened to mates before dates.....!!??? Watch

Announcements

My group at school (year 11) had about 8 people in it including my best friend and her boyfriend. Me and some others from the group started getting annoyed quite a while ago because my best friend and her boyfriend always ditch us and start getting off or just like talking with just the two of them. We all get on with her boyfriend but like before we were friends with our mate first so we wanna keep the friendship.

I used to meet up with my best friend regularly but now we only ever meet up with the whole group (inc her boyfriend) or with a section of the group e.g. girls and her boyfriend. Me and some others in the group have the same viewpoint and we feel that mt best mate would always put her boyfriend before us her mates. Like what happened to mates before dates!!!???

The other day some of our group went town (the boyfriend wasnt meant to come) and my best mates, mate who isnt really in our group came also. my best mate should have stayed with her cause the girl doesnt really speak to our group much. So we all split up to get food and when we met back up bout 20 mins later the boyfriend was also with my best mate and her friend. Basically her friend left early cause she was 3rd wheeling by staying with my best mate as we kept splitting up.
    Then my best mate and her boyfriend walked off again. About an hour later we called and were like what u doing ? and she said she was with the friend so we were like oh ok i thought she went home.Bout 20 mins later we were walking and saw my best mate and her boyfriend snogging on a bench. So before they saw us we called her again and was like " r u with the friend" and she said"yes". We then just walked straight past them and blanked them. When my best mate tried calling all of us we just declined the call. She did call quite a lot at the time but didnt bother even a couple of hours after it happened.
    Do you think we were over reacting !!???

Since then my best mate has been blanking us as if weve done something wrong and when weve tried to explain to her why we were annoyed (over text) she just goes into b * * * h mode. When i have tried to text her to ask her why she could possibly b annoyed at us ???she sent a long paragraph about immaturity and "if we were real friends...." she was then like "can you just leave me alone" !!

Its like she does not want to be friends with most of our group anymore!!! But she doesnt acctually have any other friends other than our group....

Did we over react???
    Are we just being stupid ???
    Why is she being like that ???

ReputationRep:
    Bros before hos

ReputationRep:
    Not to sound rude because I totally understand where you are coming from but once you get/find a boyfriend yourself you won't mind as much. It's natural for them to be together all the time and hang out alone because not only are her and her boyfriend clearly good friends but they have the added extras of being in a relationship if you get what I mean.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I understand that you guys were frustrated, but ignoring her was immature and doesn't make you any better than her.

You should have just talked to her about in the first place, because now seeing as you guys aren't on good terms it's gonna be a lot harder to sort things out.

(Original post by liquidconfidence)
    Not to sound rude because I totally understand where you are coming from but once you get/find a boyfriend yourself you won't mind as much. It's natural for them to be together all the time and hang out alone because not only are her and her boyfriend clearly good friends but they have the added extras of being in a relationship if you get what I mean.
    I did have a boyfriend (for about 9 months !!) but i still managed to make time for my mates and at least talk to them .....

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.