Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who Misses life under the Labour government Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedManc)
    Yeah there were a lot of chavs, but that was the culture of the time.
    Please don't try to put it down to a culture. I'll never forget seeing council estate feral scum children pelting the army with stones as they tried to put out a house fire during the fireman 2002 strike. The country was a mess and Labour's only solution was to burn borrowed money.

ReputationRep:
    Labour's decision to champion Diesel fuel permanently damaged and continues to damage urban citizens on a daily basis. That decision has and will indirectly kill 1000's of people when the time comes. I have no idea what they were thinking... Something along the lines of "this will save the environment, but massively increase the risk of cancer for everyone, yeah sounds like it's worth it...".

The people at my sixth-form who received EMA spent it on IPod's and drugs.

To their credit, the economy (especially just before the recession) was booming, although it's unclear how much of a role they played in this. The overspending was also ridiculous. I get nostalgic for the time, but not really because of the politics...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    The funny thing is many of those things listed are either false, irrelevant, or can easily be spun to being a bad thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.