Alexander III,
    Caesar,
    Scipio,
    Napoleon,
    Rommel,
    Phyrrus,
    Khan

ReputationRep:
    Winston Churchill. [OK, I know he was a politician, but I'm referring to the Second World War]. The guy delivered what needed to be done. No-one else probably would have been able to.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Churchill

Spoiler:
    Show

Not the Dog

ReputationRep:
    Alexander the Great.

ReputationRep:
    William The Conqueror and Winston Churchill

ReputationRep:
    Hard one.

Hitler revived Germany and brought Europe Into ruins, but sure he did have faults and as a general he was not the best, all good leaders have good men with them such as Rommel.

Napoleon Brought Europe and Egypt and many other countries to their knees and obviously the whole exile and getting back into power.

Tons of forgotten leaders from Britain and France and many other countries, some long gone that also had tons of great leaders

Genghis Khan,Hannibal,Caesar, Yi Sun-Sin,Nelson and obviously many many more.

ReputationRep:
    Comparing ancient leaders to Churchill is apples and pears really. The ancient history isn't complete enough to really know.

To chuck in another few names: Tzu, Arminius, Hannibal.

I don't think you can class Churchill as a military leader. He was a politician. He didn't command men.

In thousands of years of military history, there are bound to be people who achieved extraordinary things without being extraordinary people. It is impossible to know whether an ancient leader was a genius or just incredibly lucky because the evidence is complete and they don't fight that many battles.

It's like trying to work out who the best manager in the football league was in the 1950s by only looking at 5 games.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.