Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lauren's Journey to 4A's Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I'm fairly new/inexperienced on TSR but occasionally look at the GYG threads and finally decided to start one for myself because I have done very little work this year.

A bit of background: I am currently studying 4 AS levels in Maths, Physics, Computer Science and Psychology. I am not really struggling too much with the maths and physics, however there is a LOT of information to learn off for CompSci and Psych, and I haven't worked out a good strategy to learn it all yet.

GCSE results:

Spoiler:
    Show

Maths (CCEA) - A*
    Further Maths (CCEA) - A*
    Physics (CCEA) - A*
    Music (CCEA) - A*
    Computing (OCR) - A*
    French (CCEA) - A*
    English Lit (CCEA) - A
    English Lang CCEA) - A
    Moving Image Art (CCEA) - A
    Religious Studies (CCEA) - B (should have got it remarked but that is a different story!)

Anyway, I will try to update weekly (although it may not happen) with my goals for the week, what I got done, and whatever else is going on. This blog is mostly to try to motivate myself to do some work as I haven't done much this year so far

I have just finished my mocks (finished 18/1/16) and am anxiously awaiting results!
    Mock Results:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Computer Science - A
    Maths - A
    Physics - A
    Psychology - A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurenmck99)
    Hi guys,
    I'm fairly new/inexperienced on TSR but occasionally look at the GYG threads and finally decided to start one for myself because I have done very little work this year.

A bit of background: I am currently studying 4 AS levels in Maths, Physics, Computer Science and Psychology. I am not really struggling too much with the maths and physics, however there is a LOT of information to learn off for CompSci and Psych, and I haven't worked out a good strategy to learn it all yet.

GCSE results:

Spoiler:
    Show

Maths (CCEA) - A*
    Further Maths (CCEA) - A*
    Physics (CCEA) - A*
    Music (CCEA) - A*
    Computing (OCR) - A*
    French (CCEA) - A*
    English Lit (CCEA) - A
    English Lang (CCEA) - A
    Religious Studies (CCEA) - B (should have got it remarked but that is a different story!)

Anyway, I will try to update weekly (although it may not happen) with my goals for the week, what I got done, and whatever else is going on. This blog is mostly to try to motivate myself to do some work as I haven't done much this year so far

I have just finished my mocks (finished 18/1/16) and am anxiously awaiting results!
    Mock Results:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Computer Science - A (83)
    Maths -
    Physics -
    Psychology -

Lol them GCSEs are cool. Makes me wonder where tf Chem and Bio are.

ReputationRep:
    26/1/16

Quick update! I was out of school on Monday and Wednesday down at Queen's University Belfast for some talks about various courses as I have no idea what I want to apply for! Got all my mock results back, and am pleased to announce I achieved 4A's (although they are all quite low). Most of my year got C's, D's E's and U's so I am quite proud!
    Straight back into the work though and I am already behind we start differentiation in C1 maths tomorrow, and are continuing with waves in physics and social influence in psychology. In computer science we are FINALLY getting back to some programming which is a relief also!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths is Life)
    Lol them GCSEs are cool. Makes me wonder where tf Chem and Bio are.
    My school only made us do one science and I HATED biology at Junior High. Kinda wish I had've kept chem though, but I was never that good at it.

Submit reply
Updated: January 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.