Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the most mind-blowing fact you know? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willy Pete)
    Is this one of those new alternative facts I have been hearing so much about?
    Idk, one of the medical pages I like on facebook posted it recently and I found it quite amazing. People are so scared of dog bites, while the dog owner poses more risk than the animal lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottie)
    Idk, one of the medical pages I like on facebook posted it recently and I found it quite amazing. People are so scared of dog bites, while the dog owner poses more risk than the animal lol
    How many people die from dog bites in the UK compared to human bites?

ReputationRep:
    probably more, but im not sure how many deaths from dog bites are related to infection and how many to the physical damage (aka extensive bites, too much blood loss etc)

ReputationRep:
    It's more along the lines of "the human mouth has more bacteria than any other mouth, therefore you're more likely to be infected by a human bite, than an animal bite".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    It's more along the lines of "the human mouth has more bacteria than any other mouth, therefore you're more likely to be infected by a human bite, than an animal bite".
    Works for me.

ReputationRep:
    Sodium atoms do not "want" to lose an electron; if anything, they "want" to gain an electron.

(loss of the electron is endothermic, gain is exothermic)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    It's more along the lines of "the human mouth has more bacteria than any other mouth
    I find that in itself hard to believe, and also question the pathogenicity of our oral bacteria relative to other animals, especially carnivores. Surely the bite of a lion/bear/monitor lizard should be more "dangerous"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.