Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I am hoping someone can help me. I previously studied Psychology at BSC level in 2014 and PGDIP level in 2015; however upon leaving university and working as a healthcare assistant, I have realised that I really want to pursue my original ambition to become an adult nurse.

    I just wondered whether anyone could help me in terms of what financial support I would receive? I looked into doing the PGDIP as I have a first degree; however when looking into it, this would only give me access to the NHS bursary which is financially not viable for me at this time.

    If I completed this degree at undergraduate level, what funding would I be eligible for, if any?

    Thanking you in advance ☺
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi Meeky92

    If the course you are wishing to do is usually an NHS funded course, the good news is from this academic year 2017/2018 students now apply for a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan from Student Finance instead if the NHS. As long as you would have been eligible to apply for the NHS bursary, you will be able to get funding.

Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.