Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to see what current students and people living in the area thought about the nightlife in Norwich, heard some good things and some bad things but don't know what to believe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adz3691)
    Just wanted to see what current students and people living in the area thought about the nightlife in Norwich, heard some good things and some bad things but don't know what to believe?

UEA grad here, IMO it was somewhere in between. Not a huge selection of clubs but more than 2 unlike some small cities e.g. Canterbury. The LCR on campus is very popular and I always enjoyed it, then there are the clubs in town but they keep changing hands so I can't comment on whats open now. You also have lots of pubs and a few bars.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a UEA postgrad.
    I don't like nightlife generally, but I love that Norwich has a very wide selection of bars and pubs, that cater to a lot of different cultures. The city seems to have a very active music scene. There are a lot of options. I think Norwich is a really nice city for not being too big to get around easily, but being big enough to have lots to do and try. It's also a really inexpensive place. You'll save loads on your rent if you live there compared to other Universities in the South. Hubby and I rented a two bedroom house with two bathrooms and a garden for £500 a month when we lived there (2011-2012). Crazy...
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by adz3691)

There is plenty to do in Norwich in the evening, you'll certainly find our Student Union has events going on throughout the week, you'd certainly struggle trying to fit it all in! When I was a student I was one night at a club night, at a music gig (seeing artists like Kaiser Chiefs, Lily Allen, Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay etc) the next, and then at a fancy dress night days later! See the gig list here: https://ueatickets.ticketabc.com/listings/

You'll see here a flavour of go-to places in Norwich: https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/undergra...rwich-by-night

It used to be said we had a pub in the city for every day of the year. Now if you picture that, it's difficult to argue we haven't got an active nightlife in Norwich! Plus with over 200 clubs and societies to get involved with they'll all be organising activities and socials for fellow students

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 9, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.