Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I worry about a lot of things, generally about boys and what i've done on nights out.

For example the other night i had a one night stand (which i have never done before) and have worried for three days STRAIGHT. I just want to be a care-free 20 year old who obviously will make mistakes but know i am not worthless and will never find anyone because of some of my silly actions?

Everyone says i appear so 'chilled' but when they get to know me they're like wow you worry a lot…

PLEASE HELP

thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    You should try to put your past events down to experience. Learn from them and think positively of outcomes, if you think that something bad will happen all the time then that's not a good mindset.

We all make mistakes, I've made quite a lot but I don't let them get to me because it made me a better person and that's how you should see it too.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a lot like you to be honest. I worry about past and present all the time.. But what helps me is physical activity, since I started doing sports I worry a lot less. I kind of channel that nervous energy into my sports and I am way calmer afterwards. I'm also trying to control my overthinking a bit more through focusing on my breathing. which sometimes works wonders. The only problem you have is in your head, not in your past, trust me.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.