Interview question: Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?

Watch this thread
EDUC4TION
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Can some of you guys please give me some good examples to this, Preferably in a call centre based environment. I've worked in one before for passport applications but I can't think of any real specific examples that wasn't already part of the role. I entered data, advised customers, escalated applications, sometimes transferred customers to different departments, and that's about it. But every interview I've gone to they asks me this question and I feel like my answer to this is what fails me everytime. Thanks
EDUC4TION
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Bump!
pmc:producer
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EDUC4TION)
Bump!
No one can answer this for you - we don't know you're role, or how you behave.

Think of examples of when you've went above and beyond; perhaps calmed a customer down who was due to fly on holiday and hadn't received her/his passport by expediting the application and winning her round with strong interpersonal skills? Who knows.

This question is merely about letting your employer know that you're focused on delivering exceptional service and understand why this is important in a commercial sense.

Why do you think this question is failing you at interviews? Have you asked for feedback - specifically about this question?
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EDUC4TION)
Can some of you guys please give me some good examples to this, Preferably in a call centre based environment. I've worked in one before for passport applications but I can't think of any real specific examples that wasn't already part of the role. I entered data, advised customers, escalated applications, sometimes transferred customers to different departments, and that's about it. But every interview I've gone to they asks me this question and I feel like my answer to this is what fails me everytime. Thanks
The problem you'll have here is that you need to make your example believable, and potentially be able to answer additional questions about it, both of which will be difficult if someone else comes up with the example for you.

Remember, whilst it's nice to have a work based one, it doesn't have to be. Maybe you worked extra hard on a university project, or went out of your way to support someone, both of those would be valid answers too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (63)
68.48%
In the post (3)
3.26%
Text (13)
14.13%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
14.13%

Watched Threads