Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A 35 year old teacher at a college has been messaging me and they have complimented me and told me they liked me a lot of times, i am not from their college but i am 16 years old, is this illegal or wrong or is it okaai? Please don't judge me i'm just unsure X

ReputationRep:
    Errrm that don't sound good. X

ReputationRep:
    You are of the age of consent so it is legal for you to date anyone else of the age of consent. Aslong as he is not your teacher specifically then it is perfectly legal , and aslong as you are okay with it and he isn't being malicious.

ReputationRep:
    You're 16, which is the age of consent so you're allowed to be in a relationship with an adult. But its illegal if the person is a teacher of yours because they're abusing your authority.

I don't think what that man is doing is illegal because he isn't your teacher and he doesn't work at your school but I'm not sure. I can definitely tell you that its super creepy that he's texting you.

Just ignore his messages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ox.sophie.xo)
    A 35 year old teacher at a college has been messaging me and they have complimented me and told me they liked me a lot of times, i am not from their college but i am 16 years old, is this illegal or wrong or is it okaai? Please don't judge me i'm just unsure X
    So far it's not and is considered unprofessional (so he can face disciplinary action, but nothing serious as of yet). However, a sexual relationship between someone who is in a position of trust (the teacher in this case) and a person to whom that trust extends, is criminal act in the UK.

Two of my teachers have been arresting for having sexual relationship with a student (despite them being older than 16). I'd advice you to do anything you can to not be in that sort of relationship, and if its bothering you then try forwarding this to someone in position of power who could help you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    So far it's not and is considered unprofessional (so he can face disciplinary action, but nothing serious as of yet). However, a sexual relationship between someone who is in a position of trust (the teacher in this case) and a person to whom that trust extends, is criminal act in the UK.

Two of my teachers have been arresting for having sexual relationship with a student (despite them being older than 16). I'd advice you to do anything you can to not be in that sort of relationship, and if its bothering you then try forwarding this to someone in position of power who could help you.
    thank
    you
    very
    much
    but
    he's
    not
    my
    teacher,
    he
    teaches
    at
    a
    college
    so
    i
    was
    just
    wondering
    if
    i
    should
    be
    reporting
    this
    or
    something

ReputationRep:
    Y
    They still shouldn't (from the best of my knowledge, but unsure what punishment they'll face from that apart from disciplinary action by their employer).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    thank
    you
    very
    much
    but
    he's
    not
    my
    teacher,
    he
    teaches
    at
    a
    college
    so
    i
    was
    just
    wondering
    if
    i
    should
    be
    reporting
    this
    or
    something
    Do it if you want to, if you don't care then block them.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't this going against the teacher conduct?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Isn't this going against the teacher conduct?
    He works at a different school so im not sure??

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I would report it anyway. He's basically going after a child and if he's prepared to do it to you then he's probably doing/has done/will do it to his students as well.

ReputationRep:
    *Cough* *Cough* Attention seeker *Cough* *Cough*

ReputationRep:
    He's not your teacher so I think it's technically ~okay~ but still dodgy tbh

ReputationRep:
    French rule says: Creepy as f***.

ReputationRep:
    thank
    you
    very
    much
    but
    he's
    not
    my
    teacher,
    he
    teaches
    at
    a
    college
    so
    i
    was
    just
    wondering
    if
    i
    should
    be
    reporting
    this
    or
    something
    If you feel as if it's harassment then you can report it as such, and it does sound quite creepy.

ReputationRep:
    it's not illegal, it's not breaking the law ....but such an age gap will be frowned upon by most people.

If you are not into him I suggest you make it clear to him he should stop it.

yes you could report it to his school,but he wouldn't get the sack as he's done nothing illegal. I expect the head teacher would have a serious word about his conduct though. But really imo, you should ask him to leave you alone first before going down that route..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.