The Student Room Group

I'm in a polyamorous relationship, AMA

My boyfriend is poly and is currently dating two other people. I'm not an expert on polyamory or anything like that, but it's an interesting part of my life! AMA :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

how old is he and how old are you
Original post by JimboJones_
how old is he and how old are you

Both of us are 17.
How special are you on a scale from 1 - snowflake?
how do you feel about sharing a bf? doesnt it make you paranoid?
Are the two other partners of your boyfriend polyamorous as well?
Original post by hezzlington
How special are you on a scale from 1 - snowflake?

A pretty solid avalanche, my guy.
Reply 7
Are you really in a relationship? I thought a relationship is between two honest and loyal beings. He sounds like he wants to the perks of a relationship with non of the commitment. Deary me.
Original post by CleverSquirrel
how do you feel about sharing a bf? doesnt it make you paranoid?

I'm honestly fine with it. It's not like he ignores me in favour of other people or anything like that-- I really care about his other two partners as well, they're really lovely!! I don't feel like I get less attention or anything. He's got an enormous heart and I really respect that about him.

Why would I be paranoid?
How does it feel knowing he is banging two other chick without consequences, possibly at the same time
I'm sorry but I just couldn't cope with that.
Original post by Rex Onocrotalus
Are the two other partners of your boyfriend polyamorous as well?

One is monogamous afaik - the other has another partner, iirc. I haven't met that other partner but I've heard really nice stuff about them.
Original post by Big_Jon
Are you really in a relationship? I thought a relationship is between two honest and loyal beings. He sounds like he wants to the perks of a relationship with non of the commitment. Deary me.

idk relationships aren't as rigid as that. it gets really interesting when you think about what actually defines a relationship and whether we inherently seek monogamy. it raises the question of whether monogamous relationships are a social construct. you should do some research into polyamory. it's really interesting

it's also possible we look at the world from our cultural perspective too much. in other cultures (e.g. tribal cultures) it's normal to have multiple husbands or multiple wives. so how do we know our views are 'right'? is there a 'right' way to have a relationship?
Original post by Kravence
How does it feel knowing he is banging two other chick without consequences, possibly at the same time

Considering neither of the other people he's dating are chicks, and that I know at least one of them isn't a sexual relationship given that that partner's pretty darn asexual... I'm pretty chill on that front! :wink:
Original post by Jinkx Monsoon
One is monogamous afaik - the other has another partner, iirc. I haven't met that other partner but I've heard really nice stuff about them.

Huh, that's interesting that one is monogamous. Are they not bothered that their boyfriend has 2 other partners? (I still haven't fully wrapped my head around polyamory if you can tell :tongue:)
Original post by Big_Jon

My boyfriend is the most honest and loyal person in my life. He's shown me on so many occasions that he cares about me essentially unconditionally and I couldn't be happier in this situation. I understand y'all are probably thinking of him as some kind of ****boy sex addict, right?? Nobody's got time for that with college!

What are the perks of a relationship, in your opinion? What do you think he's gaining from this?
Original post by Jinkx Monsoon
Considering neither of the other people he's dating are chicks, and that I know at least one of them isn't a sexual relationship given that that partner's pretty darn asexual... I'm pretty chill on that front! :wink:

So he is bi? Are you bi?
Original post by jambojim97
I'm sorry but I just couldn't cope with that.

That's fair enough! Honestly, the concept of it intimidated me at first, but... I'll be honest, I think a big part of it is that his other partners are kind and caring people. There's no competition. We all love him, he loves all of us equally and for different reasons.

... okay tbh that sounded kinda creepy im just gonna roll with it LMAO
Do you want to bang the people he's banging too
Original post by sofia00
idk relationships aren't as rigid as that. it gets really interesting when you think about what actually defines a relationship and whether we inherently seek monogamy. it raises the question of whether monogamous relationships are a social construct. you should do some research into polyamory. it's really interesting

it's also possible we look at the world from our cultural perspective too much. in other cultures (e.g. tribal cultures) it's normal to have multiple husbands or multiple wives. so how do we know our views are 'right'? is there a 'right' way to have a relationship?

In some tribes, young boys give blowjobs to eldars to become men.

Tribal culture cant be compared to the rest of the world..and certainly not used as a model.

Quick Reply

Latest