Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm in a polyamorous relationship, AMA Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rex Onocrotalus)
    Huh, that's interesting that one is monogamous. Are they not bothered that their boyfriend has 2 other partners? (I still haven't fully wrapped my head around polyamory if you can tell )
    I think they're fine with it! I haven't asked them in detail about it, since they're not a very open person wrt feelings and these kinds of conversations can overwhelm them. But as someone who is probably monogamous myself, I'm honestly pretty chill with it. There's no jealousy - at least from what I'm aware of!

(No, you're fine! Honestly, so am I. <3)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Do you want to bang the people he's banging too
    Nah, not really? They're both really sweet and good people, but I'm not attracted to them!

(And, again, I'm 100% certain he's not banging one of them, but details.)

ReputationRep:
    Why are you a slut?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigMan Ting)
    So he is bi? Are you bi?
    My boyfriend is pan! I don't know what the fresh hell I am, honestly. I've got enough problems without wasting another year on the sexual orientations party. Probably??? We just don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoggyCabbages)
    Why are you a slut?
    I'm a lemon-stealing whore.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    How does this affect your sex lives? Just saying, I don't go down or go bareback on a girl if I know we're not exclusive as you don't know what they're picking up. Surely you're either running a big risk or have a very boring sex lives with each other?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    What is the best game in the Heroes of Might and Magic / Might & Magic: Heroes franchise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    How does this affect your sex lives? Just saying, I don't go down or go bareback on a girl if I know we're not exclusive as you don't know what they're picking up. Surely you're either running a big risk or have a very boring sex lives with each other?
    It doesn't really affect my sex life at all. Neither of us have STDs - quote from him who I'm on the phone with right now: "I'm this neurotic mess. I wouldn't do anything to endanger you, that would be in like the fourfold of ****-up." We're all clean to my knowledge, and.. besides, we're both... really chill with sex stuff, anyway? It's not a huge part of our relationship. I don't think it needs to be with anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    What is the best game in the Heroes of Might and Magic / Might & Magic: Heroes franchise?
    I'm really sorry, I'm not familiar with that franchise! From a glance over the wiki page, it looks like Heroes II has a pretty interesting story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinkx Monsoon)
    It doesn't really affect my sex life at all. Neither of us have STDs - quote from him who I'm on the phone with right now: "I'm this neurotic mess. I wouldn't do anything to endanger you, that would be in like the fourfold of ****-up." We're all clean to my knowledge, and.. besides, we're both... really chill with sex stuff, anyway? It's not a huge part of our relationship. I don't think it needs to be with anyone.
    You might trust each other, but if you're sleeping with other partners you don't know they're clean, so you don't know he's clean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    You might trust each other, but if you're sleeping with other partners you don't know they're clean, so you don't know he's clean.
    He's only sleeping with one other person other than me, and I know they're careful and protected. It's really not a big problem!

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is pan! I don't know what the fresh hell I am, honestly. I've got enough problems without wasting another year on the sexual orientations party. Probably??? We just don't know.
    This is all a phase sweetheart. You'll get over it.

ReputationRep:
    1. Did you guys start off as just you and him? Or how did that all happen and come together?

2. What are the biggest hurdles in a polyamorous relationship in your experience?

3. In all honesty, do you ever get jealous?

Sorry for all the questions - I've always been open to polyamory, though, so I'm curious to know how it works for others.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you choose to be in a relationship like that?

I'd only go poly if I was dating him for his money...

ReputationRep:
    how does it feel being a cuck?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a lemon-stealing whore.
    Name:  Lemonz.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  9.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    Have you had negative reactions from people close to you when they found out? Have you told them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heineken)
    This is all a phase sweetheart. You'll get over it.
    Na

(Original post by Allie4)
    Why do you choose to be in a relationship like that?

I'd only go poly if I was dating him for his money...
    Because I really care about him, and I'm perfectly content in being his girlfriend alongside two other people who he cares for and care for him deeply. Besides, again, we're all 17-18, so... Not much golddigging potential!

(Original post by dumplings)
    1. Did you guys start off as just you and him? Or how did that all happen and come together?

2. What are the biggest hurdles in a polyamorous relationship in your experience?

3. In all honesty, do you ever get jealous?

Sorry for all the questions - I've always been open to polyamory, though, so I'm curious to know how it works for others.
    1. Actually, I was the last person he started dating! There wasn't really so much of an initial period -- i've had some bad experiences in the past and so has he, so we started as friends and things started developing romantically from there. i knew about his polyamory pretty early on in our friendship but... i'm an insecure ass i never thought i'd get to date him dhdhahsjehehrheg

2. Apparently the biggest problem is having to spend triple the money on Valentine's day gifts, according to him. Personally though, i think the biggest hurdle is self-inflicted... I worry a lot and compare myself to the others a lot, but that's just because i'm shockingly insecure.

3. I really don't get jealous. I just get comparative and worry about overstepping boundaries.

The questions are fine!! I'm really happy that people are being respectful. Thank you!

(Original post by Nerry)
    how does it feel being a cuck?
    (tips fedora) M'arvellous.

(Original post by prazzyjazzy)
    Have you had negative reactions from people close to you when they found out? Have you told them?
    One guy called me a Mormon, does that count?

ReputationRep:
    This whole thread seems to be done by a troll. It seems to be intent on provoking a strong reaction leading to arguments. Since the original poster's account was made only yesterday and it hasn't had it's profile information filled out either. Just all seems rather suspicious. I have a strong inclination that they are not actually in the situation they are in. They are here to solely stoke emotions and responses and debates. I would of thought your first post will be a problem post not a AMA anything post.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend is poly and is currently dating two other people. I'm not an expert on polyamory or anything like that, but it's an interesting part of my life! AMA
    That's just f**cking weird it's all I have to say...
    A relationship should only be between two people, a man and a woman.
    If I ever rose to power weird **** like that is not going to happen.
    That's what I hate about these times.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.